Need your help

Go Back   Living and Working in Australia Forum With Immigration and Travel Information > General topics > New member introductions

New member introductions Please introduce yourself to other Australia Forum members here. Use this section to tell us a little about yourself and your connection to Australia. Are you new to the Country? Are you currently undertaking the Australian immigration process? Please let us know...

Need your help

Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 01-21-2013, 11:17 AM
Active Member
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 11
Please update your flag here .

Need your help

Hello I'm new to this but I am glad to join to ask a help....I am a Filipina who just passed my citizenship test last week, my hubby is australian and we have two kids. My hubby and I would like to invite my parents who are living in philippines to come over for 6 months that will be sponsor by us like financial, accommodation , airfare,etc my question what visa should we apply for? And my hubby is discharged bankrupt one year ago is this affect us to sponsor? Plz help

  #2 (permalink)  
Old 01-21-2013, 12:12 PM
Senior Member
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: queensland
Posts: 962
Users Flag! From australia

351 likes received
149 likes given
Hi Grazzie
The web sites below will inform you of the new tourist visa rules for parents (this new rule is a very positive step as the government is acknowledging the importance that parent/grandparents play.

What's New for tourist and visitor visas

Tourist Visa (Subclass 676)
The bankuptcy is discharged, What is discharge?
It means your bankruptcy has ended and you are no longer bankrupt. GOOD NEWS so as long as you or you parents can meet the financial requirements below it should be okay. BAD News you will need to check into the amount that is required to cover the cost of the stay, i believe it is around $5,000 (or access to eg: Credit card) though you will need to check into this further. Maybe somebody else on this site will be able to assist you in relation to the tourist visas.
Financial requirements
You must have access to sufficient funds to cover all costs for the duration of your stay in Australia, including health/travel insurance if required. You may be asked to provide evidence of your funds.
Examples: personal bank statements, pay slips, audited accounts, taxation records, credit card limit.

I wish you and your husband well in your endeavours and happy for you to contact me if you need any additional assistance. Perhaps you could do a search by tourist visas and join onto another larger thread

  #3 (permalink)  
Old 01-21-2013, 12:39 PM
Active Member
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 11
Please update your flag here .

Thanks for the help Aussieboy

Closed Thread

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

By using this Website, you agree to abide by our Terms and Conditions (the "Terms"). This notice does not replace our Terms, which you must read in full as they contain important information. You must not post any defamatory, unlawful or undesirable content, or any content copied from a third party, on the Website. You must not copy material from the Website except in accordance with the Terms. This Website gives users an opportunity to share information only and is not intended to contain any advice which you should rely upon. It does not replace the need to take professional or other advice. We have no liability to you or any other person in respect of any content on this Website.

All times are GMT. The time now is 12:41 AM.

Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.