Living and Working in Australia Forum With Immigration and Travel Information

Living and Working in Australia Forum With Immigration and Travel Information (
-   New member introductions (
-   -   New User Introduction :D (

winy000 08-21-2016 02:41 PM

New User Introduction :D
Hey guys/girls from australiaforum.

I'm a fellow Australian guy who's thinking about some relevant partner visas for my Polish girlfriend, it seems like this site has some users with great knowledge who can help me with some questions I have. Partner visa (309/100) seems like the most likely but I searched and found a comment on applying for the partner visa (820/801) or a Prospective Marriage visa (300) whilst in Australia on a temporary visa could get a bridging visa which she could be able to work while the outcome of the visa will be decided. Any answers to this or any referral to threads or posts which can help my cause will be greatly appreciated :) looking forward to this great place


JandE 08-21-2016 09:38 PM

A PMV allows you to work in Australia, but has no medicare benefits.
You must marry within 9 months, then apply for the 820/801 onshore Visa route.
The PMV can take about 9 months to get, or more in some countries.

The 309/100 is for eligible partner relationship who apply offshore, and again a similar long wait.

If the person is already in Australia, then the direct 820/801 route is best, assuming a relationship can be proven.

The Work and Holiday visa (subclass 462), allows someone from Poland, between 18-30 to visit Australia and work for up to a year.
During that time, with good relationship evidence, the 820/801 onshore Visa route would be a good option.

All times are GMT. The time now is 02:43 AM.

Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.