New to the forum, living in the USA

Go Back   Living and Working in Australia Forum With Immigration and Travel Information > General topics > New member introductions

New member introductions Please introduce yourself to other Australia Forum members here. Use this section to tell us a little about yourself and your connection to Australia. Are you new to the Country? Are you currently undertaking the Australian immigration process? Please let us know...

New to the forum, living in the USA

Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 10-11-2016, 02:43 PM
Junior Member
Join Date: Oct 2016
Posts: 1
Users Flag! From usa

New to the forum, living in the USA

Hello everyone, I am currently a citizen of the USA but desiring to move to Australia to live and work. I am a teacher, elementary age teacher, studying to become special education certified. I have one daughter, age 17 who would be coming with me if I am allowed to immigrate.

I have no family left, as they have all passed on. My friends in Queensland (just outside Kilcoy) - who in my heart are my only family left - they would allow us to reside with until jobs are found and housing as well. I am exploring this early because at the moment I am still teaching here in the States and my daughter is not yet graduated high school. She would like to go to college or uni there too. At the moment I am not sure what status I would be allowed - if at all - to immigrate to Australia.

Thank you for your time to read my initial post and if you choose to welcome me, my thanks and appreciation to you all for that too.

  #2 (permalink)  
Old 10-16-2016, 04:30 PM
Junior Member
Join Date: Oct 2016
Posts: 3
Users Flag! From usa


I would suggest you look for an opportunity to go on a 457 work visa. Seems that a special education teacher with years of experience would be a needed profession. Hopefully your under the age of 50 so once there you can seek permanent residency.
A 457 visa might be your best bet. can take your daughter until she is age 18/then longer if she is in university and dependent on you. It will get tricky after 18 and taking her could be nearly impossible.

Look into how your degree and experience here in USA relate to credentialing in Australia and go from there. Look to see if there is a need for special education teachers there.

good luck!!


Closed Thread

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
usa police checks if you are not residing in USA abcdefg Visas and immigration 3 11-27-2012 06:07 PM
Aussie living in USA with American Husband looking to immigrate jltan100 Visas and immigration 3 07-18-2010 07:03 PM

By using this Website, you agree to abide by our Terms and Conditions (the "Terms"). This notice does not replace our Terms, which you must read in full as they contain important information. You must not post any defamatory, unlawful or undesirable content, or any content copied from a third party, on the Website. You must not copy material from the Website except in accordance with the Terms. This Website gives users an opportunity to share information only and is not intended to contain any advice which you should rely upon. It does not replace the need to take professional or other advice. We have no liability to you or any other person in respect of any content on this Website.

All times are GMT. The time now is 09:02 PM.

Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.