Advice needed for Partner Visa (309/100)

Go Back   Living and Working in Australia Forum With Immigration and Travel Information > General topics > New member introductions

New member introductions Please introduce yourself to other Australia Forum members here. Use this section to tell us a little about yourself and your connection to Australia. Are you new to the Country? Are you currently undertaking the Australian immigration process? Please let us know...

Advice needed for Partner Visa (309/100)

LinkBack Thread Tools
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 01-12-2020, 11:41 AM
Junior Member
Join Date: Mar 2019
Posts: 4
Please update your flag here .

Hello, everyone.
I'm in the process of getting all the evidence together for the partner visa application and was wondering if you could clarify few things for me.
(As to our situation: me and my Australian husband have two kids who were born in other country, but received their Australian citizenship by decent. We all are outside of Australia.)
So the questions are:
1) I am confused about Non-migrating members of the family unit and migrating members of the family unit. Is my understanding correct that I need to state my husband and kids in the NON-migrating members of the family unit (as they are not applying to migrate with me, as they are already Australians, right?)?
2) As my friends and relatives do not speak English well, should the translation of their statements in support of this application be notary certified?
3) if we don't have a joint bank account, but we both contribute in our relationship financially, should I provide bank statements through the whole time of us being together?

Thank you a lot for any advice.

Last edited by polina; 01-12-2020 at 11:45 AM. Reason: Forgot to edit the draft before posting it

Reply With Quote
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 01-14-2020, 08:36 PM
Active Member
Join Date: Jan 2020
Posts: 13
Please update your flag here .

1 likes received
1: yes - you just state them as they’re not migrating with you.
2: statements of your genuine relationship should be made by Australian citizens - and should be written and signed in English with certification stamp to proof it’s true infront of doctor or pharmacist (better in Australia done) likewise to all translation papers

Reply With Quote

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

By using this Website, you agree to abide by our Terms and Conditions (the "Terms"). This notice does not replace our Terms, which you must read in full as they contain important information. You must not post any defamatory, unlawful or undesirable content, or any content copied from a third party, on the Website. You must not copy material from the Website except in accordance with the Terms. This Website gives users an opportunity to share information only and is not intended to contain any advice which you should rely upon. It does not replace the need to take professional or other advice. We have no liability to you or any other person in respect of any content on this Website.

All times are GMT. The time now is 11:31 PM.

Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2021 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.