Australia Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys :) 100 visa granted March 2020.

I was told by someone that if we wanted to extend the last arrival date, i.e. March 2021, that it could be done within 3 months of that date.

The Aus Gov website says to "wait after the date has lapsed"? As I don't trust them, we are not wanting to do that.

Due to not being in any rush, and the Covid making hideous cost of flying, as well as Sydney breaking out with record new cases, we thought it might be an idea to extend and arrive a bit later.

Does anyone have info in regards to extending the 100 visa arrival date please, would be much appreciated :)

From the Oz Gov website:

12. I was granted a subclass 309 and/or subclass 100 visa but cannot/could not travel by the initial entry date due to the COVID-19 pandemic. Can my initial entry date be extended?
If you are unable to enter Australia due to the COVID-19 pandemic before your ‘initial entry date’, please contact the office that granted your visa once the initial entry date has lapsed AND you have a proposed new travel date.
In this event, you will need to detail why you were unable to enter before the specified date. If determined appropriate at the time, a delegate may provide you with a letter to facilitate your travel and entry to Australia, in spite of the breached ‘initial entry date’ condition. The department understands that clients affected by COVID-19 may have exceptional and compelling reasons, preventing them from meeting the first entry date requirement.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
I found more info, it's a bit confusing, I'm just not so bright apparently :)

Yes you can extend your first 309/100 entry by applying within 3 months of your first entry: "for first entry arrive by" ....

My confusion was with "must not arrive after", which is actually an expiry date.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
1 - 3 of 3 Posts