Australia Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am eligible to apply for my 801 visa in October this year and I am keeping in touch with a friend of mine who recently got her 100 visa granted. Since the grant of my 820 I have been stressing about collecting every single piece of evidence for my 801 application, every picture, every bill, every social activity, every email/ text message where we talk about daily stuff, and everything from every aspect of my life.

I was a bit surprised when I saw the evidence my friend has provided, as based on what I have seen in this forum, I believe it would be considered very light evidence ( please see attachment) as my friend was happy to share a screenshot of everything they have attached. They have no house lease together as the house is under the husbands name and the bills are under the husbands name as well. The 8 pieces of evidence received under social aspects were just 8 pictures of them together attached separately.

On the sponsors profile they have attached 5 files only. 2 statutory declarations by the sponsor and the rest is ID (passport, drivers licence etc).

Please do not misunderstand my post . My post is not to encourage anyone to attach light evidence, as I believe the more substantial evidence you can attach, the easier you can prove your case. Nor is it to complain why people who are attaching light evidence are being granted visas, I am actually happy whenever I see a grant as it gives me hope and relief. My post is just to say that some of us are maybe stressing a bit too much about our application and worrying extensively about collecting every little evidence we can get. I am going to take a big breath and relax after this.

Cheers :)

Attachments

·
Registered
1,960 Posts
The screenshot doesn't really show much as we have no idea how big th file is.

Some relationships require less evidence then others.

A married couple of 20 years with similar backgrounds will find it much easier to get away with supplying the bare minimum.

A defacto couple that started as a distance relationship from disimilar backgrounds and from country's that have a tendency for bending the rules will probably require more evidence.

But yes, some people's nature is to stress too much, don't...especially not for this stage, they have accepted your in a relationship this is to show that you've maintained it and intend to continue.

My 801 consists of the bare minimum, however I have a large quantity of things I could upload as required/if requested.

·
Registered
4,534 Posts
Not to mention it really depends on which CO gets your case. Some are a bit more harsh than others and not a risk I'd be willing to take.

But if you think about it, they've already assessed your relationship as being genuine at the 309 or 820 stage. The PR eligiblity stage is just to see if the relationship is continuining so I wouldn't think the same amount of detailed evidence supplied for stage 1 is needed for stage 2.

I'm still going to cover the 4 main categories with plenty of evidence, but certainly not with every receipt or thing we did together. Just the major stuff.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The screenshot doesn't really show much as we have no idea how big th file is.

Some relationships require less evidence then others.

A married couple of 20 years with similar backgrounds will find it much easier to get away with supplying the bare minimum.

A defacto couple that started as a distance relationship from disimilar backgrounds and from country's that have a tendency for bending the rules will probably require more evidence.

But yes, some people's nature is to stress too much, don't...especially not for this stage, they have accepted your in a relationship this is to show that you've maintained it and intend to continue.

My 801 consists of the bare minimum, however I have a large quantity of things I could upload as required/if requested.
I agree, every relationship is different and requires different amount of evidence. This particular couple has been married for about 4 years and they do not have any children yet.

I got to see the files that were submitted as well and hence I was surprised at how little evidence was provided, no joint bank accounts, no joined bills or house lease, no joint social activities, just some payslips, employment contract of the applicant, 8 pictures of them both, ID such as passport, DL and Medicare, 2 of the 888 forms (one of them was the sponsor's father), and under Nature of Commitment there was only 2 statutory declarations. Nothing was joint basically although the couple of course do live together but everything is in the husbands name. They may have just done a good job at explaining that in statutory declarations.

Its true, some people's nature is to stress too much, I am one of those people, to my own detriment :)

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Not to mention it really depends on which CO gets your case. Some are a bit more harsh than others and not a risk I'd be willing to take.

But if you think about it, they've already assessed your relationship as being genuine at the 309 or 820 stage. The PR eligiblity stage is just to see if the relationship is continuining so I wouldn't think the same amount of detailed evidence supplied for stage 1 is needed for stage 2.

I'm still going to cover the 4 main categories with plenty of evidence, but certainly not with every receipt or thing we did together. Just the major stuff.
Very true, it does depend which CO gets your case. Not a risk I would be taking either :)

·
Premium Member
6,612 Posts
The requirements for the permanent visa are generally quite straightforward (although no longer a mere formality).

If you have been in a genuine, ongoing relationship and have combined your affairs to a certain degree, you should have no problem meeting the requirements and providing the required evidence.

If the above does not apply or if you leave the gathering of evidence to the last minute, you will face difficulties.

Note also that processing the stage 2 documentation can take 12 to 24 months nowadays and that it is a 'time of decision" requirement that you are still in a genuine, on-going relationship. It is not unusual to receive a request for updated documentation somwhere down the track.

Reactions: Ejona and HRose313
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.