Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone!

I'm an American citizen who is married to an Aussie. I'm currently in Australia on a tourist visa, but have already submitted my application for a permanent resident partner visa and still going through the steps.

I will be lodging a 1005 form next week in hopes of trying to get my work conditions waived and being allowed to work. My tourist visa expires on Sept 5th at which time I was told it will turn into a bridging visa and only then can any action be taken for approval to work.

My husband and I just moved to Adelaide from the USA so he is currently unemployed, but has gone on interviews and fingers crossed will be working in a month's time.

Any comments on your experience with this would be greatly appreciated.... i.e was it easy to get approved? suggestions? time frame for a response back?

Thank you so much in advance!:)

·
Registered
105 Posts
My one took exactly 2 weeks to approved i Applied in Perth which is the city that i heard they take a long time to approved it but other city like Sydney or Melbourne i heard they grant it within a few days Yes it was easy especially who waiting for a Partner visa , Best of Luck :)

Reactions: liz92

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you so much for responding Emily88!! I'll be mailing mine to Perth as well so I hope to get the same as you. Good luck to you for the rest of the process.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Oh you applying in Perth as well haha Can I ask you when did you applied your 820visa?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I mailed my application to Perth on Friday 10th of August and that following Tuesday I received an call and email from them with what else was needed. I did my medical exam last Tuesday 21st of Aug.

I sent my fingerprints into the Australian National Police. I'm still waiting to get back my FBI clearance from the USA at which time I have to forward to Perth.

What stage are you at now? I read it can take 9-12 months to get residency, however I read some blogs on here with people receiving permanent residency in as little as 3-4 months but that was back in 2009 so chances are things have changed.

·
Registered
105 Posts
I'm still waiting for the first stage of 820 i applied in May this year hopefully it will be granted before new year , Yeah it could take up to that time but i heard most of people applied in Perth granted TR within between 5.5 to 9 month , you meant TR right cause PR need to wait for 2 years first but they sent us the letter before 2 years 2 month tho

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.