Australia Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First time posting here. So i applied for my Partner Visa 309 for my spouse on 8th November 2018. We have our Wedding Reception coming up on 5th January where obviously she will need to attend. I want to apply for a 12 Month Visitor Visa, where she will be able to attend the event but also experience life in Australia whilst also waiting for the processing of her partner visa 309.

What i wanted to ask from anyone who has gone through this before is whether going for a 12 Month Visitor Visa is risky in this situation, in the sense that does it take longer to process than a 3 month/6 month Visitor Visa would. Do you think it would be granted before 5th January 2019? Is it more likely to get rejected because she has a Partner Visa processing at the same time?

P.S. She is from India, which is considered a High-Risk country.

· Registered
144 Posts
You can apply for the 12 month Visitor Visa (VV) but immigration may grant you less months VV instead.
In terms of processing time frame, I believe they do take longer to process but not excessive.
Someone that has applied from India can give you a better idea.
And no, it is not more likely to get rejected if you have a Partner Visa in progress. Quite opposite if anything, as it shows that your partner will have to return home for the Partner Visa to be approved.

You need to make sure you have enough evidence to meet the VV requirements.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.