Australia Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
21 - 34 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Smp

Being a civil engineer your occupation will be placed in the eligibility lists of all the important states so be patient till November. On the other hand if you have applied already just make your query with immigration office and get rid off your doubts immediately.
So do you think we have to wait till November??Do you have any news??Because I expect that SMP will be published till the end of October. I hope you are wrong,soon I'll be out of patience.:(

·
Registered
7,467 Posts
So do you think we have to wait till November??Do you have any news??Because I expect that SMP will be published till the end of October. I hope you are wrong,soon I'll be out of patience.:(
There has been a date indication by one state at least but it is not really up to the states for though they may open their SMP state sponsorship applications it could be considered jumping the gun if the SMP has not been approved by the Immigration Minister.
Whether they decide on that or not is up to the states/territories but seeing as they have had since February to get this matter sorted I would not hold my breath.
With the Federal election of August, we have a new Immigration Minister who as well as getting up to speed on all immigration matters has probably had sorting asylum seeker matters more to the fore of his mind other than what he needs to do to keep his head above water.
Immi may wait until all states/territories have their SMPs in so as to address the approval in one hit rather than state by state.

There is no point in speculating when that may be and there will be advice on the Immi web site when SMPs take effect from.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Is a Civil Engineer on the SOL#3? and I think you will find it is and also you will likely find that most if not all states will also have Civil Engineer and most engineering professions on the SMPs as well.
The same will apply for many of the more skilled professions that are of higher demand and there will likely be many on SOL#3 and SOL#4

for raysool
If you have already made a visa application with relative sponsor nominated, I think you may find that your horse has bolted re attempting to change to an SMP state sponsorship.
Immi will I expect come out with some procedural announcement when the SMPs are approved and set up and if there is nothing specific stated, you'll be best to just contact them.
thank you wanderer,
i am now waiting for EA assessment (they recieved my file Sept.13,2010).
after that i will take the decision whether to lodge 176 RS or 176 SS.
my sister is a permenant resident in Melbourne Victoria, so both application types will be suitable for me. so the question for me to take the decision is the priority processing, i know the client service charter (i saved it by heart).
i was asking my question to save time as i can lodge the 176 RS in line with the state sponsorship application so that the DIAC application can take a turn while the state sponsorship is taking its timeline
do you see it as a good idea or not?

·
Registered
7,467 Posts
I would think Ray that by the time you get your EA assessment the SMPs should be established and applying for a 176 SMP ought to be a faster route.
As soon as you get the EA assessment, you need to get the 176 SMP sponsorship for Immi have nominated that after a 176 SMP is applied for there is just 28 days for a state/territory to confirm sponsorship and some states could take up to three - four months if not more if past processing times are anything to go on.
You could consider a relative sponsorship and gamble on the SMP applications being slow to materialise but once they enter the system, any relative sponsored or unsponsored applications will just be backed up.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Thank you Wanderer....

I love this forum :)

I checked the webpages. But I confused so much.
According to the official site SMP's is going on process and will be announced at the next months.. Ok.
Then I checked the SA official website. There is a news that published 2th November.
I saw that Civil Engineering has been removed from the lnterim List and they won't accept Civil Eng applications more. I am confused very much. We applied with 176 visa, and our occupation isn't in the list now. I don't know if it appears in the SMP or not. But if NOT then how will our application affect? What do you think about this issue?

·
Registered
7,467 Posts
Some states may temporarily remove an occupation as far as taking further sponsorship applications when they feel there have been enough sponsorships for the state demand, that being something they will probably monitor on a progressive basis for not all sponsored people may go on with a visa application.
I doubt that the SMPs have been established so as an occupation will be removed from there and then replaced so that is something you would want to initially clarify with SA.
I would expect that they will in time if not already have their SMP established and variations on taking sponsorship applications for any particular occupations will be published separately.

·
Registered
44 Posts
hello,
while I am waiting for the skills assessment outcome (hopefully is POSITIVE), I prepare for State sonpsorship ( WA). But I jst realized that telecommunications engineer was removed from the interim list of WA.:(
So, the only choice for me is to apply for ACT sponsorship but its requirement are hardly to statisfy as I do not have 7 in each band in IELTS (7.5, 7,6.5, 6) and I can’t afford the money.
I have to re take the IELTS test and try to prove the financial capacity as well as prepare others documents.
My query is about the Commitment to ACT. Is there any person can help me about that document even with main ideas,
Thank you in advance.

·
Registered
4 Posts
hello,

Could you please tell me which state(s) has/have Telecommunications Engineer (ANZSCO 263311 ) in its SMP?

Thank you in advance.
hello,
Greetings!

Is it necessary to be an electrical engineer to apply as Telecommunications(ANZSCO 263312) Network Engineer?

I have Telecommunications Network Engineer experience but I am a Computer Science graduate.

regards
rajan

·
Registered
36 Posts
I would think Ray that by the time you get your EA assessment the SMPs should be established and applying for a 176 SMP ought to be a faster route.
As soon as you get the EA assessment, you need to get the 176 SMP sponsorship for Immi have nominated that after a 176 SMP is applied for there is just 28 days for a state/territory to confirm sponsorship and some states could take up to three - four months if not more if past processing times are anything to go on.
You could consider a relative sponsorship and gamble on the SMP applications being slow to materialise but once they enter the system, any relative sponsored or unsponsored applications will just be backed up.
Dear Wanderer,
i think, it is clear now for me (Victoria SMP include conditions higher than my qualifications, they requested for mechanical engineer to have IELTS 7 in each band and i got 6.5, 6.5, 7, 7) bad luck.
so my pathway will be 176 RS.

thanks for your help my friend

21 - 34 of 34 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.