Australia Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey i applied for my 176 visa sponsored by my brother in oct 2010. Today i recived an email saying i will be allocated a case officer within the next 3 months . They have asked me to go fo rmy medicals and get my police check . It says in the email if all documents are there my case officer may approve my visa when he takes the case however this may not be the case it depends on if everything is in order . So am i right to be excited ?

·
Registered
7,467 Posts
It would seem they are making projections re the numbers of Priority #1 and #2 that they expect to get and with both employer and state/territory sponsorships not always so easy and less easy now for the latter with the SMP requirements, it may be that the flow of #1 & #2 applications is stabilising after what may have been an itial burst re SMPs.
That they are advising you to get your character and health stuff arranged is something of a positive commitment and so yeah, happy days could be ahead.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Hey i applied for my 176 visa sponsored by my brother in oct 2010. Today i recived an email saying i will be allocated a case officer within the next 3 months . They have asked me to go fo rmy medicals and get my police check . It says in the email if all documents are there my case officer may approve my visa when he takes the case however this may not be the case it depends on if everything is in order . So am i right to be excited ?
That is really good news and i'm sure you're very excited. I hope they get to the Priority Group 4 soon too. I'm a Pastry Chef who has been stuck in the pipeline since January 2009!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Congradulations dude !!! Lucky !!! I have applied under same category as an Electronics Engineer in August 2010 and havent received anything so far :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.