Australia Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

176 visa medicals finalised

3K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  hunker 
#1 ·
Hello everyone

I have a couple of questions for my friend; he is from Brazil and he has had all of the requirements for the 176 visa met, and now the medicals have been finalised.

Does anyone know how long from now, it might be until he gets an answer/an approval?

I read somewhere that checking the character thing may take a while in an HR country is this true? Can anyone tell me from personal experience how long it took for them to get an answer after their medicals were finalised?

Thanks so much!!

#2 ·
Hello everyone

I have a couple of questions for my friend; he is from Brazil and he has had all of the requirements for the 176 visa met, and now the medicals have been finalised.

Does anyone know how long from now, it might be until he gets an answer/an approval?

I read somewhere that checking the character thing may take a while in an HR country is this true? Can anyone tell me from personal experience how long it took for them to get an answer after their medicals were finalised?

Thanks so much!!
Hi,
In my case my medicals were the last thing finalised. It took 5 working days until my visa grant from the day my xray and blood tests were received.

I read somewhere the average is 8 days, most people involved were from low risk countries though. Hope this helps

Regards,
Billy

#3 ·
HI Billy,

Do you think he should just email his CO and ask about it? Or just simply wait. I wonder if there is anything wrong. Someone on a forum mentioned HR countries take longer for a character check or something. Does anyone know if this is true? Thanks so much for your response.

#4 ·
Hi,
If your friend did his application online as I did it wont hurt to send a polite email to his CO.
Everything online showed for me as Met and the medicals changed to received. I sent a simple email to my CO saying that my medical centre had advised me my medicals were forwarded with no problems and did they require any more information from me. The next morning I received my visa grant notice. I'm not sure if this encouraged them to look at my case or not but it is a coincidence.
I hope your friend has some good news soon.

Kind regards,
Billy

#5 ·
Hi all,

Im new here .I have a quick question.
I have applied under 176 category.

My problem :-
All docs sent as per CO requested.
Status shows on 8th June :- Health requirements finalised and file processed further.
But now on 30 August :-"Health requirements pending"

I discussed with my Consultant ,and I am told to wait as he has sent an Email to CO.
He says that at Sydney meds are in que so it's taking a while to reach CO.But Im not satisfied as why it would take 5 months (I did meds in April 2011) just to see PENDING status.

Can anyone pls guide me . Can I call somewhere to get updation.

My application filed from India,but I am in Canada on my PR status.

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.