Australia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 97 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

Appreciate if someone can help on my query. I know the official processing time for 186 ENS visa application but I can see my friends getting visa earlier while they lodged application at the same time. My agent Lodged application on 27 Sept 21 and completed my medical on 13 the of Nov 21 but still awaiting any confirmation.
Appreciate if anyone can shed some light onto it

·
Registered
6,736 Posts
Hey guys,

Appreciate if someone can help on my query. I know the official processing time for 186 ENS visa application but I can see my friends getting visa earlier while they lodged application at the same time. My agent Lodged application on 27 Sept 21 and completed my medical on 13 the of Nov 21 but still awaiting any confirmation.
Processing times can vary depending on the quality of the application, and the time it can take to confirm application details.

Subclass 186 visa processing times November 2021.

Subclass 186 – ENS Direct Entry Pathway.
Average processing time 4 months.
  • 25% in under 72 days.
  • 25% between 72 days and 4 months.
  • 25% between 4 and 5 months.
  • 15% between 5 and 8 months.
  • 10% took over 8 months.
Subclass 186 – ENS Agreement Pathway.
Average processing time 8 months.

Subclass 186 – ENS Transition Pathway.
Average processing time 5 months.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Processing times can vary depending on the quality of the application, and the time it can take to confirm application details.

• 25% in under 72 days.

Thanks for the confirmation

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi did you guys nomination already approved
In my case medical done but nomination still not approved when I lodge visa the automatic mail generate for medical is this same happen to you or its requested by immigration
Nomination lodged in September 2021
Visa lodge in dec 9
Medical submitted 1st Feb 2022
Iam not sure why they delay so long on nomination

·
Registered
7 Posts
Similar timeline, My company applied for a 186 visa on Nov 21, completed medical in Jan, and was cleared.
My firm is one of the top 5 firms in Australia in terms of size and wealth, what are the chances of approval?

·
Registered
1 Posts

• 25% in under 72 days.

This was the assumption I made when I first looked at the processing times, however, when you read more closely, you realise these processing times are misleading. I will put in a disclaimer that I have no knowledge of the process - this is just my interpretation of the information available.

Processing times are based on the age of applications finalised in a given period. Processing times are based on the age of visa applications finalised recently.
Source: https://immi.homeaffairs.gov.au/vis...processing-times/global-visa-processing-times

This means the published processing times are not the time frame you can expect to wait for your application to be processed. Instead it's saying that of the applications finalised this month, 25% fall into the 3 month bracket. A further 25% are less than 4 months etc. There is no mention at all about the age of the applications that haven't been processed.

If you cross reference this information with data released under Freedom of Information, it paints a bleak picture.

Source: https://www.homeaffairs.gov.au/foi/files/2021/fa-211200358-document-released.PDF
Currently, there are only 30 - 40 Offshore Non-PMSOL processed a month for the 186 DE. The average processing times published are applicable to the few that get processed. So that means of the 41 processed in November 21, 10 were less than 3 months, 11 were 3 - 4 months, 10 were 4 - 6 months, 6 were 6-9 months and the remaining 4 were older than 9 months. There is no mention at all about the age of the applications that haven't been processed - and there is a backlog of nearly 600.

There may be an explanation.

As borders reopen, and more people become eligible for travel, many of these applications are now being finalised.
Source: Global visa processing times

At first this seems odd, since you become a PR and therefore you are eligible for travel. However, it might make more sense if you are only activated as a PR once you have gone through migration at the airport. When you arrive at the migration desk, you are not yet PR and therefore not eligible for travel. So the few applications being processed might reflect the small numbers that have been through a process to demonstrate why they are needed in Australia urgently. Perhaps then we can welcome the opening of the borders next week and hope to see more processing than has been done for a year or so.

Like I say, I could be wrong. Take a look and tell me what you think.

·
Registered
6,736 Posts
This was the assumption I made when I first looked at the processing times, however, when you read more closely, you realise these processing times are misleading. I will put in a disclaimer that I have no knowledge of the process - this is just my interpretation of the information available.

Processing times are based on the age of applications finalised in a given period. Processing times are based on the age of visa applications finalised recently.

This means the published processing times are not the time frame you can expect to wait for your application to be processed. Instead it's saying that of the applications finalised this month, 25% fall into the 3 month bracket. A further 25% are less than 4 months etc. There is no mention at all about the age of the applications that haven't been processed.

If you cross reference this information with data released under Freedom of Information, it paints a bleak picture.

Source: https://www.homeaffairs.gov.au/foi/files/2021/fa-211200358-document-released.PDF
Currently, there are only 30 - 40 Offshore Non-PMSOL processed a month for the 186 DE. The average processing times published are applicable to the few that get processed. So that means of the 41 processed in November 21, 10 were less than 3 months, 11 were 3 - 4 months, 10 were 4 - 6 months, 6 were 6-9 months and the remaining 4 were older than 9 months. There is no mention at all about the age of the applications that haven't been processed - and there is a backlog of nearly 600.

There may be an explanation.

As borders reopen, and more people become eligible for travel, many of these applications are now being finalised.

At first this seems odd, since you become a PR and therefore you are eligible for travel. However, it might make more sense if you are only activated as a PR once you have gone through migration at the airport. When you arrive at the migration desk, you are not yet PR and therefore not eligible for travel. So the few applications being processed might reflect the small numbers that have been through a process to demonstrate why they are needed in Australia urgently. Perhaps then we can welcome the opening of the borders next week and hope to see more processing than has been done for a year or so.

Like I say, I could be wrong. Take a look and tell me what you think.
Non-PMSOL with a backlog of 595 in November 21, is much worse than those on the PMSOL, where the backlog was only 90 at October 21.

I might guess that the faster times might apply more to those on the PMSOL list.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi All - My timeline as below;

186 DE Onshore Visa
Employer Has Accredited Sponsorship with Immigration
Nomination lodged - 16 Dec 2021
Visa application lodged - 16 Dec 2021
Health assessment completed - 23 Dec 2021

Does anyone have a similar timeline as I? My friend who applied for 186 Direct Entry on May 2021 under same employer and same occupation code got the PR within 30 days, not sure nowadays everything getting delayed or not

·
Registered
3 Posts
In a similar boat as some of the above. Medical done end November and still awaiting for the results. Some of you mentioned that you can see the status as “received”. May I ask how is this checked? I am basically waiting for my company to tell me the results but is there a way we can check ourselves?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey guys,

[/QUOTE
In a similar boat as some of the above. Medical done end November and still awaiting for the results. Some of you mentioned that you can see the status as “received”. May I ask how is this check? I am basically waiting for my company to tell me the results but is there a way we can check ourselves?

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have medical on 10 feb last month requested to company provide evidence geniune need of paid employee under direct control
Document requested from me afp
Tomarrow 25 days of request my lawyer didnot updated anything yet.
Occupation
Chef

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi All - My timeline as below;

186 DE Onshore Visa
Employer Has Accredited Sponsorship with Immigration
Nomination lodged - 16 Dec 2021
Visa application lodged - 16 Dec 2021
Health assessment completed - 23 Dec 2021

Does anyone have a similar timeline as I? My friend who applied for 186 Direct Entry on May 2021 under same employer and same occupation code got the PR within 30 days, not sure nowadays everything getting delayed or not
Hi. Mine is exactly the same case including occupation. I submitted my application on 18dec 2021 and completed medical on 7th Jan. still no update.

1 - 20 of 97 Posts