Australia Forum banner

186 Direct entry visa scheme timeline

263K views 1K replies 137 participants last post by  palina 
Hi Shsh,

They have released a bunch of FOIs recently, but not related to 186 DE. Here's one for 186 TRT(This shows how many applications they have on hand for all occupations - just for TRT) to get an idea of the backlog.

I think it will take a couple of months to see some improvements or differences in processing times. On a positive note, they have almost doubled the number of visa grants from April 2022 to May 2022.

hoping for the best 🤞 . Do let us know if you get any news.
Thanks for sharing. This is super helpful. Seems that 186TRT accelerated during year-end, hope that is the same for 186DE.
Accountant under 186DE stream should have around 300~350 applicants on hand atm, if average grant keeps around 50 per months, should expect 6-7months average

Friends I am happy to announce I just received 186 visa Grant.

Visa & Nomination Lodged : 23 May 2022
JobCode : In PMSOL
Company : accredited sponsor
visa grant : Today.

Thank you for being with me during these stressful times. Hope everyone's lucky day is near by.
Congratulations! Is your occupation IT related? Mine is Accountants and it's taking foreverrrrr

Hi guys,

My nomination just got approved today 14/02/23. Still waiting on the 186 visa application, status is still "Received".

Hope to get the grant really soon!!

My occupation is General Accountant, applied both nomination and application on 08/03/22
Congratulations! How to know if the nomination is approved? via email or lawyer or immiaccount

I am also accountant but submitted in early April..

@Atelier Im in a similar position - 3 weeks away from 1 year. Realy frustrating when you see some applications for TRT non-accredited being approved in a few months. Seems like there is no fair system, it's luck of the draw...
Exactly the same. three weeks away from reaching one year mark. Nomination not even approved yet... This whole thing is taking a toll on me..

Hi guys, just an update from my side.

Finally I got the golden email today!! It's exactly 12 months 1 week since my application lodge.

Visa and nomination lodge: 08/3/22
Medical: 14/3/22
Nomination approval: 14/2/22
Visa grant: 15/3/23

Feels like things are moving now! Hope everyone get theirs soon!!
Congrats!!! Such wonderful news!! This gives me so much hope as I submitted in 04 April.

Mate that is awesome I'm very happy for you, but I also envy you just a little :cool:.

So based on your timeline, mine is very similar to VISA and Nomination applied on 6 May 2022 so maybe in 1 month I could have great news as well.
It seems that they are progressing faster as this financial year end is approaching. Your good news is on its way!