Australia Forum banner
101 - 120 of 1,086 Posts
Hi Danny,

Welcome to the forum.

I seen they updated the processing times for the 186 DE last night, unfortunately there doesn't seem to be any improvements..

I think from reading everyone's posts on here, if your not a the pmsol list, your looking at around the 6ish months mark.

Hopefully with the new Government in place, and the new financial year, things might speed up a bit.

Best of luck, and do give everyone an update when you get some news
Hi, where did you find the updated processing times? I check Visa application processing times, it was updated on 5 May 2022.

I seen they updated the processing times for the 186 DE last night, unfortunately there doesn't seem to be any improvements..

I think from reading everyone's posts on here, if your not a the pmsol list, your looking at around the 6ish months mark.

Hopefully with the new Government in place, and the new financial year, things might speed up a bit.

They didn't update the processing times, but they did update the page with the increased application fee.

Processing times for 186 was updated. You need to click into the 186 visa and scroll to the bottom of the page. Updated 1st of July. Was 20th of May a few days ago.
There is no change to the processing times on that page. They are the same times as those dated 5th May.

The only change is the updated cost from 1 July 2022. Hence the new date at the bottom.

Reactions: shsh and limdream
Hi Danny,

Welcome to the forum.

My occupation is in PMSOL as well. Definitely will update once I receive any news. Fingers crossed to everyone!!

Hi all, just got my 186 DE granted today (I think they dont work on Saturday?)
My process is a bit tortuous because I forgot to take the English test before lodging my application and I have to withdraw my first application and resubmit (What a waste of money! TaT). Below shows my timeline,

Employee Lodge Nomination: mid-Nov 2021
Employee Nomination Approved: late-Feb 2022
Application Lodge: late-Feb 2022
Request for health exam: late-Feb 2022
Health exam clearance: mid-Mar 2022
Request for police check and English Test result: mid-Mar 2022
Withdraw Application: late-Apr 2022
Resubmit Application: early-May 2022
Police Check clearence: late-May-2022
Visa Granted: early-Jul-2022

My process is a bit tortuous because I forgot to take the English test before lodging my application and I have to withdraw my first application and resubmit (What a waste of money! TaT). Below shows my timeline,

congratulations. wish you luck🎉
What a good news that they emailed on Saturday. Maybe they will work on holidays to speed up the review of cases

Hi Everyone,

Fortunately, my company is willing to sponsor me for the 186. We applied the nomination in April 2022 but until now we have not received an update. My situation is that, I am currently on a bridging visa for temporary visa. If the nomination application for visa 186 is granted, can we lodge my 186 visa even if I didn't receive the temporary visa outcome?

Also, how long does the nomination process usually take?

I am applying as accountant
Thank you so much.

How did you find out whether the nomination was approved or not? I haven't heard anything back from my migration agent on the nomination or the application. This Friday (8/7) will be the 4 months mark for me since the application (8/3).

101 - 120 of 1,086 Posts