Australia Forum banner

186 Direct entry visa scheme timeline

262K views 1K replies 137 participants last post by  palina 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
Hey guys,

Appreciate if someone can help on my query. I know the official processing time for 186 ENS visa application but I can see my friends getting visa earlier while they lodged application at the same time. My agent Lodged application on 27 Sept 21 and completed my medical on 13 the of Nov 21 but still awaiting any confirmation.

Appreciate if anyone can shed some light onto it

#408 ·
Hey guys,
just to update you. IMMI has asked for more financial documents from my company.
This means, fortunately, after nearly 10 months, the officer allocated to the case. But I don't know how much time it will take from now on because they have asked for further documents.
I read somewhere that if they ask for more documents, it will take a long time 😢
BTW, Offshore, occupation is (Developer Programmer 261312) and lodged mid-January

#409 ·
Hey guys,
just to update you. IMMI has asked for more financial documents from my company.
This means, fortunately, after nearly 10 months, the officer allocated to the case. But I don't know how much time it will take from now on because they have asked for further documents.
I read somewhere that if they ask for more documents, it will take a long time 😢
BTW, Offshore, occupation is (Developer Programmer 261312) and lodged mid-January
Do you know what financial documents they asked?

#428 ·
Each previous visa I've applied for (2x 482's) has been the same pattern. In my experience the nomination has always been approved a few weeks before the visa. Not really sure the reasoning why. I've inquired through my migration agent in the past and each response has been "you are within the expected processing timeline and will be assessed in turn." Mega frustrating but that's our lot in this waiting room.

#430 ·
Hey mate,
Nomination status is only made available to the Nominator (ie employer or employers representative like a migration agent). If you have good lines of communication with them they can check on the status and see if it's been approved, or may reach out to you when they see it's status change.

re: immi account, if you have the reference ID you should be able to import it to your account, this will have no effect on the application itself, just gives you personal visibility on it's state.

Even though I've imported all mine, I've always provided documents to my agent to upload if requested rather than do it myself. I don't know if that makes any difference, just a practice I chose to follow.

Hope that helps!

#434 ·
With the ICT PMSOL occupations being removed, is there anyone who got their 186 DE visa granted?
I was told by one of the agents that it will take around one year for the grant.
The processing times are not updated in the homeaffairs website post the latest news. Any idea on the timeline?
Thanks

#438 ·
The processing times are not updated in the homeaffairs website post the latest news. Any idea on the timeline?
Thanks
The processing times on the Home Affairs website are the actual times for those finalised in the previous month. To give an idea of times.

They are not really an accurate guide of what will happen in the future.

#437 ·
Not recently but my friends have got 186 DE and TRT visas around 2-3 weeks (6 and 8 months back).

But i dont think thr is a rule coz i have seen people who have applied in that timeline still waiting for grant as well.

May be it depends on company credibility, turnover, Accredited status and Mara agent as well

#440 ·
Usually once we apply for the Visa, Department sends a auto-generated email to do medicals and agent forwards it to you. If you import your applcation in the Immi account in the correspodance you can see if Department has communicated but agent missed to forwarding it to you or might be something u can check with agent too

#442 ·
Hi Guys,

I applied for Subclass 186 Direct Entry for Developer Programmar Designation both Nomination and Visa 7th September in a small company, obviously non-accrediated.
Since now it is going to take long time because of the PMSOL removed, I am planning to apply a Visistor Visa for my wife but my agent says her Visa will be rejected since she is not working back in India. She has completed MBBS in 2020 and preparing for her AMC exams now. If anyone came across this situation, please can you give me some suggestion which would be a great help for me. Thanks

#452 ·
As far as I know that, Less than 5 mil annual turn over means that the company is small. If it is somewhere between 5 million and 10 million then it is consider medium company and any company making more than 10 mil annual turnover consider big company, off course I can be wrong too.

Besides annual turn over, if a company has less than 20 employees, it is small company, if somewhere between 20 to 49 employees, then it is consider medium company and if the number of employees exceed 50, then its big company. Like I said before, I can be wrong too, but I am open for discussion regarding.

So in my case, the number of employees are 21 and all of them are True blue Aussies. My employer annual turn over is 7 million to 8 or 9 mil. So if apply the above formula, then the Employer who sponsored me, is medium.

I hope that helped yous out.
Thank you.

#454 ·
That's what I'm thinking. If employer write a letter to DHA, I have gut feeling that, it will work.
I don't about rest of guys here, but in my case, my Employer needs people desperately. Since he is sponsoring a worker for the first time, so he has no idea about that. I will definitely mention him to write a letter to DHA.
Its not 100% but it doesn't hurt to try it. Fingers crossed

#456 ·
Finally.... no logic, only magic

186 DE Onshore Visa (plus three family members)
Employer Has Non Accredited Sponsorship with Immigration

12 Apr 2021 : Nomination lodged
23 Apr 2021 : Visa application lodged
07 July 2021 : Medical (they have not asked to redo, though it was year old, but yes, AFP should be resubmitted if it is more than a year.)
13 Oct 2022 : Nomination approved
13 Oct 2022 : Visa status changed to 'Initial Assessment'
20 Oct 2022 : Submitted s56 (Document showing the position is still vacant as initial letter was a year older & AFP of my daughter as she recently turned 16)
20 Oct 2022 : Visa status changed to 'Further Assessment'
16 Nov 2022 : Visa granted