Australia Forum banner

186 Direct entry visa scheme timeline

263K views 1K replies 137 participants last post by  palina 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
Hey guys,

Appreciate if someone can help on my query. I know the official processing time for 186 ENS visa application but I can see my friends getting visa earlier while they lodged application at the same time. My agent Lodged application on 27 Sept 21 and completed my medical on 13 the of Nov 21 but still awaiting any confirmation.

Appreciate if anyone can shed some light onto it

#779 ·
The Median Processing times for subclass 186 visas finalised in December 2022 (Latest available figures) were:
  • 4 months for Direct Entry (DE) stream.
  • 5 months for Temporary Residence Transition (TRT) stream.
  • 3 months for Labour Agreement (LA) stream.

#784 ·
Hi people,

Seems like this month, April is pretty much flat month. Only one grant in this month so far regarding applicants on this forum.

The more you wait, the more it gets frustrating. But having said that, I never lost hope and will never do that.

By the way, any body on this forum who applied before June 2022, please share the timeline. I said that because those applicants who applied in April, May and June, they are next in line for the grant. Not set in stone though.

#785 ·
Hi people,

Seems like this month, April is pretty much flat month. Only one grant in this month so far regarding applicants on this forum.

The more you wait, the more it gets frustrating. But having said that, I never lost hope and will never do that.

By the way, any body on this forum who applied before June 2022, please share the timeline. I said that because those applicants who applied in April, May and June, they are next in line for the grant. Not set in stone though.
I see on Facebook Group 186 Visa there have been a number of April 2022 approvals for DE and TRT. My application (7 April 2022) came up and nomination was approved. S56 issued 2 weeks ago on 29 March and supplied the same day. Still waiting. But at least there are approvals happening that I can see right up to 28 April 2022 applications.

#788 ·
Within next 3 months, their will be progress. You can expect your grant between June and Aug this year.

It can be earlier than that, as you never know about DHA. So fingers crossed.

This waiting time is so depressing. In next 12 days I will be in my 11th month mark.

I hope every one get their golden email very soon. :)

#796 · (Edited)
Hey guys,

Just wanted to give you the timeline of my PR (subclass 186 ENS DE) as it might help a few folks here:

Visa/nomination application: 15/11/2022
Medicals: 17/11/2022
Nomination grant: 13/04/2023
Visa grant: 13/04/2023
Firm: Accredited

Thank you all for the updates. It really helped a lot. Wish you guys the best.

#806 ·
Hey guys,

I just got the nomination approved three days ago. My application details and timeline are as follows for your reference.

Subclass: 186 ENS DE
Nomination application: 10/05/2022
Visa Applied: 21/10/2022
Medicals: 04/11/2022
Nomination grant: 13/04/2023
Firm: Non-accredited

I had a valid visa when I submitted the application of nomination and also applied for a state sponsored visa. Based on the information on that time, it may only take 4-6 months to get the nomination approved. Based on the evaluation of the agent, the only concern of my application is that I might be overqualified for the nominated position since I had many years work experiences. To secure one of my visa applications, my agent recommended that I got the nomination first and then apply for the 186 visa. In this way, the risk of failure will be minimal. That’s why my visa application is far deferred. However, my previous visa would be expired at the beginning of 2023. And I gave up the state sponsored visa application in Oct 2022. So, I decided to submit the visa application before the nomination granted.

My case would provide a timeline reference for late visa applications. Let’s see if my visa granted date would be deferred or not as a test.

We all have waited for a long time. It is stressful and frustrating. In past 11 months, I always tried my best to convince myself to be patient. I hope everyone can get your visa granted soon. Fingers crossed.

#810 · (Edited)
Congratulations my friend. Yeah I'm totally with you on the long wait line. It's really frustrating and annoying but I'm pretty much hopeful that, in the end it would be worth it.

My employer nomination has also been approved since 30/01/2023.

Based on the results of 3 to 4 applicants here on this forum, they got their grants within 100 days after their employer nomination approval ( fingers crossed though ). We are nearly there guys.

#811 · (Edited)
To Refresh my time line for the new travellers specifically as well as for the old, on this forum is as below :

Nomination lodged : 30/03/2022

Application lodged : 29/06/2022

Medicals completed : 08/07/2022

Nomination Approved : 30/01/2023

As of today on 17th April 2023, it would be my 78th day since my employer nomination approval. Now lets see guys, if I fall into 100 days max limit after nomination approval, cause normally people get their grants within 100 days after their employer nomination approval, based on my observations of few applicants here on this forum ( still fingers crossed though ).

#816 ·
I submitted my application on 5th may 2022 (trt). Australian police check is expired (applied 8th march 2022). Shall I go ahead and request a new one and upload it or there is a chance they won't request a new one?

I've already waited for so long, I dont want to wait more
I did mine just in case. You want to avoid the S56 if you can as that will add at least another month on to your waiting.

#826 ·
Finally got my PR grant today. 🙂

Hard to state how momentous this feels for me personally. Beyond happy :)

Also shows case officers work on Saturdays, which is appreciated.

Here are the dates:

-17 Feb 2022 - Medical done (for 482 visa)
-17 Mar 2022 - 186 Nomination and Visa lodged.
-20 Feb 2023 - They didn't request but I submitted new AFP check.
-21 Mar 2023 - Status changed from "Received" to "Initial Assessment". Request for new medical and updated employment contract.
-24 Mar 2023 - Medical done.
-29 Mar 2023 - Status changed to Further Assessment.
-22 April 2023 - PR granted. Haven't asked my agent, but I'm assuming company nomination was granted today as well.

-Visa type: 186 PR temporary resident transition.
-Company type: Non-accredited, approx 30-50 employees.

I ardently hope all of you, especially who have been waiting for over a year, get it very soon.

#827 ·
This forum has been everything. Thank you everyone for the updates and encouragements to each other.

I did promise myself that, once I get my PR, I will do something so that there is better appreciation amongst decision/policy makers to recognise how these delays deeply affect people's lives. I will do this in the next few days.

In the meantime, good luck to everyone.

#829 ·
Congratulations mate. I can only imagine how deeply you'd be amused right now.

Also I want to thank you for even thinking about doing something about these delays in processing times. That's greatly appreciated. It would definitely have a positive impact on future visa applications.

I wish you best of luck in the future mate. :)

#832 ·
Hi Guys,

Its been more than one year that I am in Australia now.
But, Since I lodged my visa when it was less than a year, it was not needed for me to have Australian police check. Shall I apply for Australian police check now and then attach it to my PR request?

#853 ·
Eventually I can share my good news!
186 TRT, non-accredited sponsor
Family of 3
Applied 7 April 2022
Nomination granted 29 March 2023
S56 issued 29 March 2023 for Functional English and Dependency proof for my 22 year old daughter and provided same day 5 hours later
No contact from CO for over 4 weeks until approval on 29 April 2023
12 months, 3 weeks, and 1 day of waiting.
If you’re still waiting, don’t give up! It will happen.

#855 ·
Eventually I can share my good news!
186 TRT, non-accredited sponsor
Family of 3
Applied 7 April 2022
Nomination granted 29 March 2023
S56 issued 29 March 2023 for Functional English and Dependency proof for my 22 year old daughter and provided same day 5 hours later
No contact from CO for over 4 weeks until approval on 29 April 2023
12 months, 3 weeks, and 1 day of waiting.
If you’re still waiting, don’t give up! It will happen.
Congratulation mate.

That's a great news. Good luck in the next chapter of your life.

#858 ·
Hi all, My timeline as below:

186DE, non-accredited sponsor, General Accountant
Family of 3
Applied Dec/2021
Nomination Approved Apr/2023

I should go to oversea to apply the VISA since s48 is applied to me.

Does anyone know how long does it take roughly?

Thanks.
Hi,

Remember when one's employer Nomination gets approval, then DHA gives the application 6 months to apply for the PR. So I'm guessing you will get your grant letter within 6 months, may be more but that's my sincere guess. Fingers crossed 🤞

#859 ·
Hi guys, could you please help me,
We submitted our 186 visa application along with the nomination application a month ago and recently underwent medical examinations. Our company covered the costs for the 186 visa and the application has been lodged, but we're uncertain about the processing time. We're currently onshore, and the company is accredited.

Today, we received an invitation for the 190 visa, but we're unsure which one would be processed faster.
What's your opinion? Should we apply for the 190 visa and pay for it alongside the 186 visa, or should we abandon the 190 visa application?

#860 ·
In my opinion you should keep the 186 process and do not progress with the 190.

Since your company is accredited I think you will receive your grant within 4 months maximum, my assumption, the 190 will take longer than that and you have to pay for the process as well.

Up to you to decide what is best, but I believe it will be better to stick with 186.

#867 ·
Congratulation my friend. This news will give you lots of hope.

I'm assuming that you will get your visa grant within 3 months or 4 at best. I said that because you are DE applicant and I don't think so the processing of DE applications will take more than 13 months. Most of ppl are getting it in 11th or 12 month mark. Still fingers crossed though.

#864 ·
Guys, Finally the wait is over Wanted to Share good News, 186DE Granted on 3/05/2023 The Below are the Visa Details & Timeline Occupation: Engineering Technologist - 233914 Company: New Sponsor (1st time Sponsoring) - Non-accredited Location: On Shore Nomination & Visa Lodgment Date: 19/06/2022 Medicals Completed : 25/07/2022 Medicals Updated in Immi : 25/07/2022 Nomination & Visa Grant : 03/05/2023 Total time from Nomination & Visa Lodgment to Grant : 319 Days (10 Months & 15 Days of waiting) No CO Contact, Direct Grant. Form 80 was Uploaded at the time of Visa application Lodgment

#865 ·
Congratulations mate. Such a great news.

Your situation is bit like mine regarding timeline. I applied my visa application on 29/06/2022 just 10 days after you applied your visa application (19/06/2022). Now lets see when I'm gonna get the positive news.

congrats again mate and wish you best of luck in future.

#876 ·
Golden email received today. 186 DE (Onshore).
Transitioning from TSS-482
Accredited Sponsor.
Family of 4.
Software Engineer 261313
Visa and nomination applied: 11-Oct-2022
Medicals done: 13-Oct-2022
Nomination approved: 04-Apr-2023
S56 requested (Polio vaccination certificates): 05-Apr-2023
S56 submitted (Status changed to Further assessment): 06-Apr-2023
Visa granted: 05-May-2023

This page has been really helpful. Thanks everyone. Happy to answer any questions in the thread. Good luck to everyone who are waiting.

#878 ·
Golden email received today. 186 DE (Onshore).
Transitioning from TSS-482
Accredited Sponsor.
Family of 4.
Software Engineer 261313
Visa and nomination applied: 11-Oct-2022
Medicals done: 13-Oct-2022
Nomination approved: 04-Apr-2023
S56 requested (Polio vaccination certificates): 05-Apr-2023
S56 submitted (Status changed to Further assessment): 06-Apr-2023
Visa granted: 05-May-2023

This page has been really helpful. Thanks everyone. Happy to answer any questions in the thread. Good luck to everyone who are waiting.
Congratulation mate. Wish you best of luck in the future.

#879 ·
Hi all,

Today my lawyer sent me an email, stating that DHA requested the following documents from me :

Polio certificate, Form 80, Commonwealth debt ($1673) and AFP check.

Even though I have submitted the new AFP check couple of weeks ago, not sure why my migration agent asked me to re-do it again. I did apply my police check through Home affairs website, which is can't be wrong.

Regarding Commonwealth debt, I was asked to either pay it in full or organise payment plan. I'm thinking about to organise payment plan or if it takes longer then I'll pay it at once.

It was a good news though, knowing the fact that the case officer has been assigned now.

#880 ·
An outstanding Commonwealth debt, could cause a major issue, such as visa refusal, if they decide to finalise the application sooner.

Probably worth getting that fixed ASAP.

#883 ·
Hi all, want to share that today I got the Golden Ticket, very happy :) .
This forum Helps me not only to understand the whole process of VISA PR application but also how you can be supported by amazing people with the same GOAL.

I hope only the best for everyone here that still waiting and don't give up your hope. It will happen soon, below I posted the timeline for my process that could help someone too.

186 Direct Entry, coming from 482
Sponsor is non-accredited
ANZSCO 263111: Computer Network and Systems Engineer
Nomination applied: 06/05/2022
Visa Applied: 06/05/2022
Medical Exams: 14/05/2022
Nomination Approved on: 07/04/2023
Visa Initial Assessment: 07/04/2023 (requested S56 - Policy Checks, Form80 and Evidence of three years full-time employment)
Visa Further assessment: 13/04/2023 (took 5 days to provide all documents since was Holiday)
Visa Granted: 08/05/2023

Total time frame is 12 months and 3 days.

#884 · (Edited)
Hi all, want to share that today I got the Golden Ticket, very happy :) .
This forum Helps me not only to understand the whole process of VISA PR application but also how you can be supported by amazing people with the same GOAL.

I hope only the best for everyone here that still waiting and don't give up your hope. It will happen soon, below I posted the timeline for my process that could help someone too.

186 Direct Entry, coming from 482
Sponsor is non-accredited
ANZSCO 263111: Computer Network and Systems Engineer
Nomination applied: 06/05/2022
Visa Applied: 06/05/2022
Medical Exams: 14/05/2022
Nomination Approved on: 07/04/2023
Visa Initial Assessment: 07/04/2023 (requested S56 - Policy Checks, Form80 and Evidence of three years full-time employment)
Visa Further assessment: 13/04/2023 (took 5 days to provide all documents since was Holiday)
Visa Granted: 08/05/2023

Total time frame is 12 months and 3 days.
Congratulations mate. Great news. Glad to hear that.

Peace to you and your family and wish you best of luck in the future.

#893 ·
After seven years in Australia, I can finally say: Visa finally granted!
🥹

Visa: 186 DE
Profession: Software Engineer
Non-accredited sponsor
Nomination and visa lodged on 8th June 2022.
Medicals on August 2022
Both nomination and visa were approved on 13th May 2023.

You're next!
🙌

Thanks, everyone in the forum! You've been a great support. Wishing you all the best!

#899 ·
Nah my friend, still waiting. I've been sitting on further assessment since 15th of May,2023. Based on my observations here on this forum, normally people get their grants within 4 to 6 weeks after further assessment. It's just a matter of time really at this stage. I'll update here as soon as I hear any news.

Thanks.

#900 ·
Hey,

A bit of good news. We received a nomination approval yesterday. Applied on July 25, 2022. Non-accredited sponsor, Off-shore. 261313 Software Engineer, QLD. For some reason, the agent suggested applying for a visa only once we receive approval for the nomination, so the visa will be lodged next week. What do you think, how long it will take to get a visa grant?

#901 · (Edited)
Hey,

A bit of good news. We received a nomination approval yesterday. Applied on July 25, 2022. Non-accredited sponsor, Off-shore. 261313 Software Engineer, QLD. For some reason, the agent suggested applying for a visa only once we receive approval for the nomination, so the visa will be lodged next week. What do you think, how long it will take to get a visa grant?
Congratulation on the approval of your Employer Nomination.

In my opinion, you will get your grant within 3 to 4 months from now on. It shouldn't take longer than that.