Australia Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi we got rejected 186 visa and now agent is requesting to go for AAT but we worried because I heard it take ages to process , so I wanted to know we have one more year of our 457 visa( actually my husband is the primary visa holder) so if we appeal for our decision can we apply for another visa like 189, or RSMS while we waiting for decision

·
Premium Member
6,612 Posts
Hi we got rejected 186 visa and now agent is requesting to go for AAT but we worried because I heard it take ages to process , so I wanted to know we have one more year of our 457 visa( actually my husband is the primary visa holder) so if we appeal for our decision can we apply for another visa like 189, or RSMS while we waiting for decision
If you are still on a valid 457 visa, you can apply for any other visa you want ,as long as you meet the requirements . Surely, your agent would have explained this to you?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hi,

The agent should have told you that whilst the appeal process is happening, you're "safe" and you can stay in the country even when your 457 expires until the final decision about your case has been made.

Depending on why the visa got rejected, there is a decision to be made weather you appeal at all or not.
Did they say why it got rejected?

Which stream was it?

1) Temporary Residence Transition stream

This stream is available for Temporary Work (Skilled) visa (subclass 457) holders who:

-have worked for the sponsoring employer for at least 2 years in the same -occupation with the same employer (there are some limited exemptions to this)
-can meet vocational English requirements unless you are exempt
-no skills assessment is required

2) Direct Entry stream

This is available for applicants who:

-have never, or only briefly worked in Australia
-hold a Temporary Work (Skilled) visa (subclass 457) but do not qualify --under the Temporary Residence Transition Stream
-are applying directly from outside Australia or are inside Australia
-meet competent English requirements (unless exempted)
-meet the skills requirements

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.