Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

Hoping someone might be able to help me out here. My employer has nominated me for a 186 sub class visa transitional scheme.

They have recently been asked to provide "a statement explaining the reasons why the specific terms and conditions are being offered to the nominated person.

This statement may include:
  • Years of experience
  • qualifications
  • additional skills
  • expertise
  • background

I have tried to look around for a sample statement etc. but to no avail.
I'm an accountant by trade and was hoping someone here might have an example that could start me off?

Regards
Paddy

·
Registered
198 Posts
Hi Paddy

I found this on a migration agent's site.
"Your sponsoring employer needs to demonstrate that the terms and conditions of your employment are no less favourable than the terms and conditions of employment that would be provided to an ‘equivalent Australian citizen or permanent resident’ (known as the ‘market rate’ requirement). This can be shown by providing a contract of an Australian citizen or permanent resident that is working in the same position and location as the role that you are nominated to perform for the purposes of the visa application.

Your employer may not have an Australian citizen or permanent resident that works as an employee in the same role and location as your nominated role.

If this is the case, then your employer can provide evidence of what the Australian market salary rate is for your nominated role and show that your salary is at least equal to the market rate. This is generally demonstrated by providing Australian market salary survey data. This data needs to be relevant to the nominated role and the location where you will be working (i.e. market salary data, such as Hays Salary Guides, will usually give specific data for various capital cities around Australia)."

It appears to be relevant to your case.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Philip,

Thanks for this. I believe they have already provided a position description and contract which demonstrates the above.

I believe the statement is an additional request from the dept. of immigration. I have searched everywhere for a sample statement but to no avail.

Cheers

·
Registered
198 Posts
Hi Philip,

Thanks for this. I believe they have already provided a position description and contract which demonstrates the above.

I believe the statement is an additional request from the dept. of immigration. I have searched everywhere for a sample statement but to no avail.

Cheers
Paddy, it seems like Home Affairs want to know why your employer chose you, eg. the skill set and experience you have, was unviable or impossible to acquire from an Australian pool of talent.

Just a thought . . .

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.