Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I applied for the 187 direct entry stream as a personal assistant in April 2017, my RCB was approved in the May. Is there anybody who has had a 187 DE granted recently? It has always said 17-19 months processing time (give or take a month or two at times) but recently it has gone up to 21-24 months.

I understand that everyone is in for a long wait and that it is to do with legislation changes and understaffing, but I was sooo close to that 17 month mark and feel so deflated now it's gone up again.

I have done my two years with my employer in September and would like to consider changing employers after that time, on the basis that I am not getting the hours and wage I was promised to get as my employers have said it is based on whether or not I get the visa?! I also paid for every last inch of my visa and so being in this position for nearly two years now has left me in debt due to visa payments and only being on a basic wage ($22 an hour) and I have not progressed in my career half as much as I would have liked by now, with this particular company.

Any advice would be massively appreciated, whenever I call my migration agent I'm made to feel like a nuisance and get no information whatsoever (again, understanding much cant be said on processing times as we're all in the dark!)

Thanks in advance.

·
Super Moderator
5,266 Posts
You should note that you are required to remain with your employer for two years after your visa is granted, so you will still need to remain with them for considerably longer.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
See this is another thing that has got me completely confused as well, I have asked my migration agent about this and they have said that the 2 years in counted from the day I commenced employment with them?

·
Super Moderator
5,266 Posts
Actually your migration agent may be right, I'm not sure. I've always heard it referred to as 2 years after the visa is granted, but the legislation makes it sound like it could include the visa processing period but it's not entirely clear to me. I'd suggest it may be worthwhile getting a second opinion to be sure though, I know that would put my mind at ease if it was me.

MIGRATION ACT 1958 - SECT 137Q Cancellation of regional sponsored employment visas

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hi. Did you have and submitted skill assessment with the application. If not, it is a good idea to get it and submit it (though it is required at the time of application, under the current regulation), as some times applications are delayed when they are in between legislative changes.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.