Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone,

I would just like to share my experience with you. I'm from a high risk country and are busy since December 2016 trying to get me and my family into Aus. We first started with a Job offer and we lodged a 457 visa in March 2017. Just after that the rules changed and at that stage my occupation under which we lodged my visa was on the short term list. From what everyone understood then was that we would only get a 2 year 457 visa with no prospect of PR. After about 8 months waiting for a decision from the DIBP, the sponsoring Company was getting very anxious, so I decided to try and secure a job offer elsewhere and apply for a 187 DE visa. With very good luck I was able to achieve that. I then withdrew my undecided 457 application and with a new job offer submitted a 187 DE application. Since then my occupation has moved back to the Long term list and I would have been save for PR on my 457 visa. The processing time for the 187 visa keeps on getting longer each and every month and I'm really starting to lose hope. I've only been waiting for about 5 months now for my 187 and know it's still a long way to go. How does one live with this uncertainty? The most disturbing fact of all is that my visa might be declined in the end.
MY RCB has luckily been approved. I don't know if that even influences the nomination nowadays. Rules and regulations keep on getting stricter and more visa applications are being refused now than ever before. To everyone else who is also waiting for a 187 DE like me, good luck. We can only try and stay positive and hope for the best.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.