Australia Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everybody,

First time posting here and wondering if anyone has experienced a similar situation.

My partner and I are currently on a BVA for a DE 187 application which we applied for in February this year. However, the sponsoring Business is listing the business for sale. We're not sure how soon it will sell and if it will keep the same ABN, but obviously, we are concerned. My partner (main applicant) has been approached by a different restaurant that is willing to sponsor her and start a new nomination for the same position as a restaurant manager.

After speaking with the Department, I was informed that two nominations can be lodged at the same time, however, as an applicant it can be tricky, as the 2nd employer would need to have completed the required advertising, received RCB approval and lodged a nomination before we could withdraw the 1st application and apply for the new application.

What mainly concerns us, is that if we were to apply for the new application on our current BVA we would be placed on a BVC.

This is what is uncharted territory for me, as we would want to avoid going on a Bridging Visa C due to work rights (which can be appealed) but most importantly the family hardship of not being able to leave the country for almost 2 years while waiting for a decision on the new application.

I believe a workaround would be to apply for a tourist visa after withdrawing the initial 187 application and before applying for the new 187, but then we run the risk of receiving a No Further Stay condition on that 600 visa.

After explaining our situation to an agent at the DHA, he suggested contacting [email protected] and request priority processing for the initial 187. He said don't talk about the business being for sale, but have a reason to request the priority processing. That seems like a long shot to me, and wouldn't even know where to begin.

It all seems a bit too overwhelming, and while hiring a migration agent would be the next logical step, is it really worth it when 75% of DE applications are getting denied?

Any words of wisdom would be appreciated.

Cheers,
Alexander
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Do not rely on information from DoHA helplines.
Thanks Westly,

Obviously I am taking any information from the DHA and online forums, such as this one, with a grain of salt. I am more so asking for any shared experiences and thoughts on the matter.

Westly, have you dealt with a situation similar to ours? And do you believe your services could be of help to our specific circumstances?

I look forward to hearing your reply.

Cheers,
Alexander
 
1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top