Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello!
I was offered a job in Tasmania that I would love to take! However, I am in the USA and must figure out visa stuff here.
Another employee at the company who hired me said he got a 187 visa and was able to work right away on a bridging visa B...he may have already been in the country or Canada may have different benefits, I'm not sure.
I cannot find any info regarding if a bridging visa is possible from out of the country so I can work right away. If not, can I go to aus on a visitor visa and apply for the bridging visa when I am in the country?
The TSS seems like so much rediculous work I figured the 187 is a better option. Any advice or resources would be greatly appreciated!
Thank you.

·
Premium Member
6,612 Posts
You only get a bridging visa if you apply onshore.

RSMS Direct Entry is a 3 stage process. The employer must complete the first 2 stages first.

About 50 % of RSMS applications are refused at the moment , so it may pay to engage a registered migration agent to deal with the various applications.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You only get a bridging visa if you apply onshore.

RSMS Direct Entry is a 3 stage process. The employer must complete the first 2 stages first.

About 50 % of RSMS applications are refused at the moment , so it may pay to engage a registered migration agent to deal with the various applications.
Thank you for the response. My employer is an SBS and will nominate me and I will definitely have an agent help me, but I'm just not sure if it's worth all the trouble if the processing time is almost 2 years (17-20 months according to the website). Do you think I would be more likely to get a 186 or a TSS over the 186?
Can I apply for a bridging visa whilst on a traveller visa?
Thank you!

·
Premium Member
6,612 Posts
Thank you for the response. My employer is an SBS and will nominate me and I will definitely have an agent help me, but I'm just not sure if it's worth all the trouble if the processing time is almost 2 years (17-20 months according to the website). Do you think I would be more likely to get a 186 or a TSS over the 186?
Can I apply for a bridging visa whilst on a traveller visa?
Thank you!
SBS is for sc. 482 visa (TSS), which is a temporary visa.

RSMS and ENS are permanent employer sponsored visas and the requirements and processes are very different from the sc. 482 visa.

In simple terms, you can generally not apply for a bridging visa by itself, they are linked to making an application for a substantive visa in Australia. If you are in Australia on a tourist (or some other visa) without "no further stay" condition, you could apply for a employer sponsored visa onshore. If a valid application is lodged, a bridging visa would be granted automatically.

It's impossible to advise you on what your best options are without fully assessing you and your employer's situation first.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.