Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi everyone
i have applied 187 visa last year before july as a cook from a cafe where i am still working. i applied through RPL certificate and the rcb has also been received..
Is it true that immigration is having a special attention on rpl certificate holders?
in this scenario what can i do to make my documents stronger?
All the opinions will be highly appreciated.

thanks

·
Premium Member
6,612 Posts
hi everyone
i have applied 187 visa last year before july as a cook from a cafe where i am still working. i applied through RPL certificate and the rcb has also been received..
Is it true that immigration is having a special attention on rpl certificate holders?
in this scenario what can i do to make my documents stronger?
All the opinions will be highly appreciated.

thanks
You can't do anything about " time of application" requirements once the application has been lodged. You either meet them or you don't.

The Department is paying special attention to all RSMS visas at the moment with a very high percentage (I have been told 50%) being refused, because of alleged fraud.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks for the response.
will the work experience count after the visa has been lodged? i mean to say if this happens , there will be the chance of obtaining the skill assessment.

·
Premium Member
6,612 Posts
thanks for the response.
will the work experience count after the visa has been lodged? i mean to say if this happens , there will be the chance of obtaining the skill assessment.
Under which stream did you apply: DE or TRT?

·
Premium Member
6,612 Posts
and what kind of alleged fraud is the immigration keeping an eye on?
It's a long story....if you and your sponsor's applications are up to scratch, you have nothing to worry about.

As for the RPL:

It is a matter of concern that AQF certificates have been issued by RTOs without appropriate course work or assessment items having been completed. Where this occurred, assessment outcomes have been solely based on acceptance of Recognised Prior Learning (RPL) in the form of claimed but untested overseas qualifications and/or work experience, or both.

Apart from an unquestioned acceptance of RPL by RTOs, certificates that on the face of it appear to be genuine and AQF-accredited, may have been issued by RTOs with a questionable reputation in relation to the issuing of certificates.

If the course is a genuine RTO-provided learning pathway, including progressive assessment of learning outcomes achieved through classroom tuition and practical course work and/or work experience (where relevant), then some RPL-based assessment can form part of the completion and qualification requirements.

Where case officers have concerns about the integrity of the claimed qualifications, they are within their rights to investigate the suitability of the course content, the nature and scope of the completed assessment items (including any RPL-based credit transfer arrangements), and the credibility of the RTO that issued the qualification. If not satisfied that the qualification genuinely reflects an appropriate level of assessment as evidence for skills acquired during a formal course of learning at a reputable RTO, then decision-makers can form the view that the skills requirement has not been met.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.