Australia Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys.

Just looking for a little guidance and reassurance if possible :(

Back in January we received a S56 notice requesting Medicals and Police Checks only in relation to our pending 188a Business Investment Visa application. Everything was uploaded around the 10th February with no concerns but since then we have heard nothing further despite reading various comments suggesting I should have a response within 28 days of the documents being due?

Does anyone have any experience of this Visa Stream?

Could we seriously now be waiting months for an answer? I just don't understand why we would be asked to undertake medicals if they were then going to "park" our application?

Thank you in advance :)

Annette

·
Super Moderator
2,100 Posts
Hi Guys.

Just looking for a little guidance and reassurance if possible :(

Back in January we received a S56 notice requesting Medicals and Police Checks only in relation to our pending 188a Business Investment Visa application. Everything was uploaded around the 10th February with no concerns but since then we have heard nothing further despite reading various comments suggesting I should have a response within 28 days of the documents being due?

Does anyone have any experience of this Visa Stream?

Could we seriously now be waiting months for an answer? I just don't understand why we would be asked to undertake medicals if they were then going to "park" our application?

Thank you in advance :)

Annette
It is always best to check with the official site for current processing times.

Currently they are stating:
There are no standard processing times available for this stream.
One non official site is stating :
For visa under 188A business innovation stream, the processing time can take up to 18-20 months.
When did you apply?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It is always best to check with the official site for current processing times.

Currently they are stating:
There are no standard processing times available for this stream.
One non official site is stating :
For visa under 188A business innovation stream, the processing time can take up to 18-20 months.
When did you apply?
Hi Steve. Yes I appreciate the processing times on these Visa types, however I was under the impression once Medicals and Police checks had been requested we were close to the end?

·
Super Moderator
2,100 Posts
Hi Steve. Yes I appreciate the processing times on these Visa types, however I was under the impression once Medicals and Police checks had been requested we were close to the end?
I would never assume anything!
You are basically at the mercy of the next person who picks up your file. Everything is now a collaborative effort and the days of having a specific case officer assigned to you is well and truly in the past.
How many months have elapsed since you first submitted your application?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I would never assume anything!
You are basically at the mercy of the next person who picks up your file. Everything is now a collaborative effort and the days of having a specific case officer assigned to you is well and truly in the past.
How many months have elapsed since you first submitted your application?
We are roughly 18 months in from Application but from what I've read and seen this makes little difference? I've seen applications take 6 months and some 26, again though I'm just baffled why they would request us to obtain Medicals if they wasn't looking at our case to process? Baffling

1 - 5 of 5 Posts