Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings Mark,

I am on a 485 visa and my wife (subsequent entrant) will arrive in Australia for the first time tomorrow.

I've also lodged our PR application (included wife) in Dec while I was onshore and my wife was offshore. As a result, only I was granted a BV (No BV for my wife).

The 485 Visa will expire on 10th April. Is there any ways to get a BV for my wife so she can stay here after the 485 expires.

Kind regards and many thanks,

Dan

·
Registered
179 Posts
In case it helps:
Assuming current trends continue and you have a decision ready application that isn't flagged for further security vetting - you might get your grant by April 2018 (seems to be 2.5-3.5 months). Early October 2018 lodged cases seem to be finalised now.

DHA seems to have devoted more resources to clearing the 189 pipeline after the two big 4340 rounds of invites in October and November 2018.

·
Registered
64 Posts
In case it helps:
Assuming current trends continue and you have a decision ready application that isn't flagged for further security vetting - you might get your grant by April 2018 (seems to be 2.5-3.5 months). Early October 2018 lodged cases seem to be finalised now.

DHA seems to have devoted more resources to clearing the 189 pipeline after the two big 4340 rounds of invites in October and November 2018.
Hi PrettyIsotonic,

Unfortunately, the application is not decision ready. Spouse's functional English evidence is not done yet. Perhaps will need a bridging visa.

Thanks for the reply.
Kind Regards,

Dan

·
Registered
179 Posts
Hi PrettyIsotonic,

Unfortunately, the application is not decision ready. Spouse's functional English evidence is not done yet. Perhaps will need a bridging visa.

Thanks for the reply.
Kind Regards,

Dan
When are you hoping to have that evidence ready? :)

For Functional English there is a range of evidence that can be used to demonstrate it - the fastest way may be by booking an English test (I've heard PTE is the fastest in 3-5 business days).

As wrussell said, unless your wife applies for another visa onshore, she would not get a Bridging Visa - then too, she would have to comply with the visa conditions for whatever visa she applies for (e.g. if a student visa, then those student visa conditions) as the Bridging Visa will be attached to it.

In the event your wife does not wish to work, perhaps a (combination) of tourist visas may have to do the trick until the 189 visa application is finalised.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
When are you hoping to have that evidence ready? :)

For Functional English there is a range of evidence that can be used to demonstrate it - the fastest way may be by booking an English test (I've heard PTE is the fastest in 3-5 business days).

As wrussell said, unless your wife applies for another visa onshore, she would not get a Bridging Visa - then too, she would have to comply with the visa conditions for whatever visa she applies for (e.g. if a student visa, then those student visa conditions) as the Bridging Visa will be attached to it.

In the event your wife does not wish to work, perhaps a (combination) of tourist visas may have to do the trick until the 189 visa application is finalised.
I am hoping to have the results until mid-March. She is studying now, it might be a lil late :):confused:

I heard it is possible to include her again (reapply) in my PR application which sounds a bit dodgy.

Re: tourist visa
One of the conditions is to prove you have intentions to return to your country. I might be struggling to prove that.

Thanks and regards,

Dan

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.