Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello All,

We got our grant today. Almost like a dream! Posting our case details here - hope it helps others who are waiting.

Just one tip : Just be calm. I know - its easy to say and difficult to actually do. But just be calm and try to continue your routine life.

10-Sep-2016 : Appeared IELTS
23-Feb-2017 : My ACS
07-Mar-2017 : Partner's ACS

Points Breakup:

English : 10 points (L: 8.5, R: 9, W:7, R: 7.5 => Overall : 8)
Education : 15 points (BSc Computer Science, MTech Software Engineering)
Work Exp : 10 points (7 years of experience - 5 years considered by ACS)
Partner : 5 points (Partner IELTS and ACS : Done)

Note: We lodged our EOI at 65 points as my valid work experience was not 5 years. After 5/6 months, I completed my 5 years of valid work experience and the points were automatically increased by skill select.

09-Mar-2017 : EOI Lodged (65 points)
18-Aug-2017 : Points increased to 70
22-Aug-2017 : Received Invitation to Apply
04-Sep-2017 : Lodgement Date (Payment Done)
13-Sep-2017 : All documents uploaded by this date
04-Oct-2017 : Request for more information (Medicals for me and spouse)
14-Oct-2017 : Medicals done (I did not know we have to click on the IP button)
30-Oct-2017 : Clicked on "Information Provided" button (Wasted 2 weeks here)
10-Feb-2018 : Got the grant (Finally - yay!!)

Some pointers about documents (things I was worried about):

> I forgot mentioning my middle name in IELTS. It is mentioned in my passport. IELTS did not support to reissue and it was my mistake of filling the form incorrectly. But there was no problem at all. I wasn't questioned by DIBP.

> My passport was renewed in 2017. So my IELTS scorecard had old passport number. But again - I was not questioned. Anyways, the new passport has reference to old passport

> I got my work reference from my old employer easily. But as per the HR policies of my current employer - the can't customize and give work reference letter - Even if manager is ready to approve.

So I gave the HR letter with standard information of joining date, designation etc (bonafide). It was on a company letter head. I generated it twice - once for ACS and next after ITA (there was a gap of 6 months).

The roles and responsibility letter/work experience letter from current employer was very important in my case as I would get the additional 5 points when I complete 7 years work experience (5 years valid).

So I told my manager that I need a statutory declaration for this if HR is not giving. The reason I told was: "My spouse's employer is raising visa. I am getting dependent visa. Spouse's employer is requesting such letter." My manager did not question much - maybe because she is cool and also because she didn't care much about me - I had recently joined the company.

> The statutory declaration from my manager was an year old when I got my grant. I was really worried about it as I thought that they may ask a newer one. But didn't hear anything.

> Form 80 : We filled up form 80 for me and my spouse and provided it up front with all other documents (it was not asked).

> Apart from this, all the other documents were the regular checklist ones:
IELTS, ACS, Degree, Transcripts, Birth Certificate, Police Clearance, Passport (old and new), all employment letters (joining, hike, promotion, relieving, payslips, form 16), income tax documents, marriage Certificate (Home documents and electricity bill to prove relationship).

All the above documents were given for both of us - me and my spouse. All of them were certified scanned copies.

> My spouse's had work travel for 8 months. We just ensured to update DIBP about the travel / address change via "Update Us". I was worried that they may take longer to approve. But nothing like that happened. Also, my spouse got the PCC from Indian Embassy - there was no trouble there as well.

> In case of any name / spelling errors or mismatch in documents - just give the affidavit. The notary should help you with the format.

That's about it! The processing timelines and wait times have increased as compared to the past year. We were a little freaked. But we got a grip and decided not to worry too much and live routine lives. The grant came right on time. Feels very good

PS: We did not take any help of agent. We had an acquaintance who guided us for minor doubts. The rest is there over the internet.

Cheers! Be positive! All the best!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hello All,

We got our grant today. Almost like a dream! Posting our case details here - hope it helps others who are waiting.

Just one tip : Just be calm. I know - its easy to say and difficult to actually do. But just be calm and try to continue your routine life.

10-Sep-2016 : Appeared IELTS
23-Feb-2017 : My ACS
07-Mar-2017 : Partner's ACS

Points Breakup:

English : 10 points (L: 8.5, R: 9, W:7, R: 7.5 => Overall : 8)
Education : 15 points (BSc Computer Science, MTech Software Engineering)
Work Exp : 10 points (7 years of experience - 5 years considered by ACS)
Partner : 5 points (Partner IELTS and ACS : Done)

Note: We lodged our EOI at 65 points as my valid work experience was not 5 years. After 5/6 months, I completed my 5 years of valid work experience and the points were automatically increased by skill select.

09-Mar-2017 : EOI Lodged (65 points)
18-Aug-2017 : Points increased to 70
22-Aug-2017 : Received Invitation to Apply
04-Sep-2017 : Lodgement Date (Payment Done)
13-Sep-2017 : All documents uploaded by this date
04-Oct-2017 : Request for more information (Medicals for me and spouse)
14-Oct-2017 : Medicals done (I did not know we have to click on the IP button)
30-Oct-2017 : Clicked on "Information Provided" button (Wasted 2 weeks here)
10-Feb-2018 : Got the grant (Finally - yay!!)

Some pointers about documents (things I was worried about):

> I forgot mentioning my middle name in IELTS. It is mentioned in my passport. IELTS did not support to reissue and it was my mistake of filling the form incorrectly. But there was no problem at all. I wasn't questioned by DIBP.

> My passport was renewed in 2017. So my IELTS scorecard had old passport number. But again - I was not questioned. Anyways, the new passport has reference to old passport

> I got my work reference from my old employer easily. But as per the HR policies of my current employer - the can't customize and give work reference letter - Even if manager is ready to approve.

So I gave the HR letter with standard information of joining date, designation etc (bonafide). It was on a company letter head. I generated it twice - once for ACS and next after ITA (there was a gap of 6 months).

The roles and responsibility letter/work experience letter from current employer was very important in my case as I would get the additional 5 points when I complete 7 years work experience (5 years valid).

So I told my manager that I need a statutory declaration for this if HR is not giving. The reason I told was: "My spouse's employer is raising visa. I am getting dependent visa. Spouse's employer is requesting such letter." My manager did not question much - maybe because she is cool and also because she didn't care much about me - I had recently joined the company.

> The statutory declaration from my manager was an year old when I got my grant. I was really worried about it as I thought that they may ask a newer one. But didn't hear anything.

> Form 80 : We filled up form 80 for me and my spouse and provided it up front with all other documents (it was not asked).

> Apart from this, all the other documents were the regular checklist ones:
IELTS, ACS, Degree, Transcripts, Birth Certificate, Police Clearance, Passport (old and new), all employment letters (joining, hike, promotion, relieving, payslips, form 16), income tax documents, marriage Certificate (Home documents and electricity bill to prove relationship).

All the above documents were given for both of us - me and my spouse. All of them were certified scanned copies.

> My spouse's had work travel for 8 months. We just ensured to update DIBP about the travel / address change via "Update Us". I was worried that they may take longer to approve. But nothing like that happened. Also, my spouse got the PCC from Indian Embassy - there was no trouble there as well.

> In case of any name / spelling errors or mismatch in documents - just give the affidavit. The notary should help you with the format.

That's about it! The processing timelines and wait times have increased as compared to the past year. We were a little freaked. But we got a grip and decided not to worry too much and live routine lives. The grant came right on time. Feels very good

PS: We did not take any help of agent. We had an acquaintance who guided us for minor doubts. The rest is there over the internet.

Cheers! Be positive! All the best!
Congratulations.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.