Australia Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello.

As the title says, I have applied for an offshore 189 visa, and it is currently being processed. I am actually expecting it to get granted in a month or so. The question is that, I have decided to enter Australia by the end of this month on a tourist (ETA 3-months) visa in order to meet my friends and to seek job opportunities - is this possible?

Is it possible for me to receive the grant for the 189 offshore application while being onshore with a tourist visa?

Thanks in advance.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,118 Posts
This is what it states on the DIBP website:

Outside Australia:
If you apply for this visa from outside Australia, do not make arrangements to travel to Australia until you are advised in writing that you have been granted a visa. Wait for a decision from us before you leave your job, sell your home or book your travel.

In Australia:
If you apply for this visa in Australia, you could be eligible for a Bridging visa that allows you to stay in the country lawfully while your application is processed. If you are given a Bridging visa A, you can apply for a Bridging visa B (BVB) to travel outside Australia while you wait for a decision.


I would imagine that if you are planning to travel to Australia on an ETA, you'd be well advised to contact DIBP to make them aware of your situation. I know that you can apply onshore or offshore....but not sure if you'd have to leave for the grant or not. I couldn't find it anywhere.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you for your reply, LadyRogueRayne.

Yes I have already seen that statement, but I am a bit confused as I'll be travelling on a tourist visa with a return flight ticket - more like a vacation. Would an ongoing offshore 189 visa application prevent me from obtaining an 3-months ETA visa?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,118 Posts
No, it shouldn't. But, I'm not a MARA agent. You're best bet is to have a consult with a MARA agent (there are several great ones who post on here) to help you with this. Or, you can post in the Ask Mark thread to ask your question. I think those options are your best bet to get a solid answer.
 
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top