Australia Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I’m wondering if anybody on here could help me out if possible!
I’m looking to find some information relating to my ability to become a sponsor for my new defacto partners 309/100 visa application.
I was first awarded a 189 visa in 2016 as part of a joint visa application to which my wife/ex wife was the main applicant. I now have the 189 visa with no restrictions on it and me and my ex wife officially divorced 14 months ago.
I’m now living back in the UK but am wanting to move back out to Australia with my new defacto partner and I want to know if I can sponsor her as part of her 309/100 visa?
There is a section in her application handbook that states “limitations on sponsorship” and one of the limitations is that I may not be able to sponsor someone if I myself was sponsored as a partner in the past 5 years !
Being the second applicant of a 189 visa was I sponsored by my ex wife? And if so was I sponsored as “ a partner”?

·
Premium Member
6,612 Posts
The sponsorship limitatation only applies to partner visas. You were not sponsored on the sc. 189 visa. You were included as a secondary applicant. There is nothing stopping you from sponsoring your new partner in that regard.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you so much for taking the time out of your day to reply to my post.

I’m very grateful!

You have made mine and my partners day!

·
Premium Member
6,612 Posts
Thank you so much for taking the time out of your day to reply to my post.

I'm very grateful!

You have made mine and my partners day!
You're most welcome !

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.