Australia Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone
I am looking to apply for skilled migration as an external auditor. Although I am a member of a professional accounting body, the bachelors degree I followed was in engineering. In that case, can I choose "bachelor's degree" as my highest educational qualification when calculating points? I know my degree is not relevant to the skill I am applying for, however choosing this option gives me better points. Is it a must that my "highest" educational qualification match the skill I am applying for?

·
Premium Member
962 Posts
In that case, can I choose "bachelor's degree" as my highest educational qualification when calculating points?
Yes you can.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes you can.
Thank you. In that case, do I need to have my bachelor's degree assessed by Engineers Australia? I will be getting my skills assessment and employment assessment done by CAANZ. However, since i am looking to claim higher points from my Bachelor's degree (which is not relating to accountancy or the skill i am applying for), should I get it assessed? What would happen if I did not get it assessed?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts