Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

I'm currently on a 461 visa as a partner of an NZ citizen in Aus. We're looking into PR for both of us and are hoping to go about it through the 189 visa. He's a skilled worker (carpenter) and has lived here for over 10 years (I've been here 5 and would lodge as a secondary applicant).

The one thing we are concerned about is the "must have a taxable income at or above an income threshold for each of the four completed income years prior to lodging an application"

We went to Canada for the first 9 months of 2015 on a - very - extended ski holiday, so his taxable income for that financial year ended up being shy of the threshold by about 10k. We sat down with a "registered migration agent" today and he said we would be fine, but he also didn't seem to be sure or care about literally anything we asked him. I've been stressing over this so much I would love a second opinion.

Thanks in advance!

Carly and Mike

·
Registered
5,845 Posts
There are exemptions to the asses sable income requirement, about which you should confirm the particulars.

·
Registered
7 Posts
There are exemptions to the asses sable income requirement, about which you should confirm the particulars.
Hello wrussell,
My partner currently works as a casual worker in different companies but is able to meet the income threshold. Is combining different companies income to accumulate to the total threshold annually accepted?

·
Registered
10 Posts
The 189 (New Zealand) stream isn’t related to the list of professions. It was created to allow New Zealanders to get PR

They just need to have earnt the earning threshold for that tax year- so can be from one job or three as long as their income pre tax is high enough

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.