Australia Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

189/SkillSelect Questions

2K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  redhotchilioreo 
#1 ·
I am a Registered Nurse in the U.S. looking into applying for 189 through SkillSelect. Wondering if anyone can help answer few questions-

1. I understand that there is a shortage of Registered Nurse in Aus. But, my Point is only 65 and I am worried that may not be enough to receive an invitation. Any thoughts or mind sharing your experience?

2.So..do I have to take the IElTS? I have a Masters degree and the classes were taught in English. Will I automatically get a score for my language skill or do I need to take the test?

3.My husband is a software developer. In order for me to get that extra 5 points, does he need a "skill assessment" as well? If Nurses are in demand, do you think it might to be OK to skip getting the husband point?

4.I speak Hindi but sure if I will qualify for NAATI accreditation. How hard is the exam..if anyone has taken it? Their website also states, I can take a course through NAATI and get credit that way. Has anyone gone that route?Do you mind sharing your experience?

Thank you all.

See less See more
#2 ·
Hi Mcquilj,

How are you? I'm not sure about English requirements in your case especially because you're from the US. Unless you're originally from another non-English speaking country who just moved to the US. Does that make sense to you?

I'm also looking into going down the 189 route but worried about points as well. Currently I have flat 60 points but not sure if this is enough to get invited for the visa. Or if so, how soon. Hope others, especially RNs, could share their experiences as well.

Best of luck to you mcquilj! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.