Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Mark,

I have a confusion with regard to Skilled Employment years counted for Management Accountant or Accountant General.

The CPA website says they count only post qualification experience as Skilled Employment. Now my Issue is as follows

I completed my all CIMA exams in May 2012, but got my Membership as an Associate in 2015 August. Now which point does CPA take as starting point of skilled employment?

If they take 2015 I event don't have 3 years which means I will not get any points in Migration assessment, If they take 2012 I will be having 5 years & will be going up by two stages to get 10 points. Please clarify/

Regards
Irshard Razook

·
Registered
1,960 Posts
Being an associate of a chartered institute isn't a qualification.

When did you complete your education to the level required for the purposes of immigration?

For instance.

A degree in Paramedicine takes 3 years. 2 of the years of the degree can be done "on the road" (in an ambulance) however you are not qualified until you complete the third year and obtain your degree.

The 2 years working whilst doing the degree do not count but any time after the degree was granted does count.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Mania,

Thank you for the reply. The example you gave is different from my case. In my case I completed the education/exams three years prior to the admission of associate ship. Usually in the accountant's jargon when we say "Qualified" we refer to the person who is a member of the Institute, not a person who has completed the exams of the Institute.

So that three years between completing the exams & admission for Associate ship is Gray for me. Basically this three years was a training period in the view of CIMA, but I don't know how does CPA views this.

·
Registered
1,960 Posts
You have me at a loss, I don't know enough about accountanty nor the qualifications.

Is CIMA's exams and entry considered to be the equal of at minimum a bachelors degree? As ANZSCO requirements are skill level 1 for the accountant (general) occupation.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes CIMA is considered as equivelant to a degree. But I think in this case they take it as "An award or qualification recognised by the relevant assessing authority for your nominated skilled occupation.", which gives 10 points in migration assesement.

·
Registered
1,960 Posts
In that case I will drop out and wait for someone with more experience to answer the question.

I must admit I am now intrigued as I wasn't aware being chartered by an institute counted as a degree for the purpose of a skills assessment.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.