Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,
I have some questions regarding 189 visa. Please advise if you know any information:
1) What do I have to do during my first entry to Australia? I am speaking not about Medicare, banking account etc. I mean different formalities. How exactly to activate PR? Do you just need a stamp in your passport about your landing or anything else?

2) Am a secondary applicant and my husband is a primary. But in my Visa there are no conditions about the first entry. So I suppose I can enter Australia independently (in case he doesn't want to go at all) and activate the visa. So in this case will the both visas be activated or only mine?

3) I've lost my passport. In case I don't find it in a week I will get a new one in my country before the flight to AU. But the problem is that the lost passport number is indicated in my 189 visa. So I will have to change it. Is it possible to change the passport number in Visa? I saw on VEVO page that I can update details. If you have similar experience please share the procedure and the processed time.

PS. Maybe you know how to contact with someone from DOHA? I have many questions about my Visa because there are too little information in my grant letter. But they don't reply if I fill the query form on the website.

Thank you in advance!

·
Registered
3,340 Posts
Only the person who enters Australia will activate their visa.

When you get you new passport, go back into your ImmiAccount and complete the online Form 929 to notify the department of your new passport. You visa is attached electronically to your passport so do that before you travel.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.