Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi
Good Morning.
I am in the process of applying for my 189 Visa. I have a biggest query in my mind.
I have my passport and all my identity documents in my changed name (Name change was originally done in 1996 - Approved by Gazette in India)
I have got all my certificated and documents in my new name.
I have my birth certificate alone in my old name. I am thinking of submitting my Birth Certificate as a proof of my Identification along with The certified copy of Gazette.
My biggest doubt come here " While filling form 1393 for 189 Visa, should I mention that I had been previously known by my old name?" If I mention it, should I get any additional documentation done for that?

Thanks for your help in Advance.

·
Registered
3,340 Posts
If you have changed your name at any time you should not only mention it, you should provide evidence of the name change and reasons for it.

Many people change their name during their life times, often more that once. It is not unusual for women to change their name when they marry. It is not uncommon for Thais to change their name several times just because they want to In each case they would normally have documentary evidence of the name the name change.

Ther fact that you changed your name will not be an issue. It would be an issue if you didn't explain it and provide documentary evidence of the change(s)

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank a lot Jeremy !!

Hi Jeremy,
Thanks a lot for your reply.
I had this query for a long time. Thanks for resolving it. :)

If you have changed your name at any time you should not only mention it, you should provide evidence of the name change and reasons for it.

Many people change their name during their life times, often more that once. It is not unusual for women to change their name when they marry. It is not uncommon for Thais to change their name several times just because they want to In each case they would normally have documentary evidence of the name the name change.

Ther fact that you changed your name will not be an issue. It would be an issue if you didn't explain it and provide documentary evidence of the change(s)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.