Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi,
I am looking to apply for Australia 189 visa under ICT Business Analyst Occupation . I have worked as a business analyst for 2 years now in USA with a masters degree from USA university.
I want to know if
1- The work experience and the education will qualify for the 189 Visa ?
2- How long will the general processing time be for 189 SKILLED INDEPENDENT VISA application?
3- If I pursue , Level 1 - ECBA (Entry certificate in Business analysis ) from IIBA - International Institute of Business Analysis , will that help my application for the ICT - Business analyst application?

Thanks,
stegs11

·
Super Moderator
5,266 Posts
1. If your 2 years work experience is relevant to the occupation of ICT Business Analyst and if your education is equivalent to an AQF degree with a major in IT, then you should be ok to get a positive skills assessment. But it would take either an application for a skills assessment from ACS or a professional review by a registered migration agent to know more clearly. And it takes more than just a positive skills assessment to meet the criteria for a visa.

2. Getting an invitation can be time-consuming as it depends on your overall claimed points. At the moment, only those with at least 70 points are receiving invitations due to the high number of EOIs compared to a limited number of invitations. Once invited, the actual visa processing tends to take 3-6 months.

3. Unless it gives you more points or helps you get the skills assessment, additional qualifications won't make a difference.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
1. If your 2 years work experience is relevant to the occupation of ICT Business Analyst and if your education is equivalent to an AQF degree with a major in IT, then you should be ok to get a positive skills assessment. But it would take either an application for a skills assessment from ACS or a professional review by a registered migration agent to know more clearly. And it takes more than just a positive skills assessment to meet the criteria for a visa.

2. Getting an invitation can be time-consuming as it depends on your overall claimed points. At the moment, only those with at least 70 points are receiving invitations due to the high number of EOIs compared to a limited number of invitations. Once invited, the actual visa processing tends to take 3-6 months.

3. Unless it gives you more points or helps you get the skills assessment, additional qualifications won't make a difference.
Thanks for replying

Another question though -

Can I qualify to get points for both the Bachelors degree - 15 points and the Award or qualification (10 points) if I happen to have both?

Where can I get to know if the certifications from IIBA are valid and will give me 10 points?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.