Australia Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there,

I'm currently in Australia on a NZ spouse 461 visa with my husband, who is a NZ citizen (SCV444).

I'm in the process of applying for PR through a 189 visa and my husband is happy on his SCV444 and doesn't intend to be included in my application (as he can stay here in his own right with his NZ passport).

I'm trying to work out how many points I would get to submit my EOI, but the partner bit is tripping me up as it only gives three options (paraphrasing!):

1) my partner is an applicant and meets the skills criteria (10 pts);
2) my partner is an applicant and doesn't meet the skills criteria (5 pts); or
3) I am single or my partner is an Australian citizen or has PR (10 pts).

My current situation doesn't fit into any of the options above and I don't want to be accused of giving misleading info! It would make sense if option 3 said that the applicant is single or their partner is not an applicant, but it specifically says citizen or PR.

Has anyone come across this before? Does he need to be an applicant if he isn't a citizen or otherwise has PR, or for these purposes does his SCV444 count as PR and option (3) applies? I know for other things (loans etc) they are not treated the same so I'd be surprised if that was the case!

Thanks in advance all :)

·
Registered
921 Posts
You get 0 points if he is not included in the application. Why would he not want PR if it is available through this route?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You get 0 points if he is not included in the application. Why would he not want PR if it is available through this route?
Believe me, I've tried! I think if it would cost me points he's happy to go along with it but I reckon he thought it was a waste of money if he's entitled to stay here with his NZ passport anyway.

Thanks so much this is very helpful!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts