Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello,

I believe I can score 60 points at this current time on the skilled immigration test. If I wait a few more months, the points I can score for age and work experience will increase by 10, giving me a total of 70.

I'm a civil engineer, with a bachelor's degree in civil engineering and a master's degree in construction management from two top universities in the UK. My occupation is on the skilled occupations list.

I'm a Jordanian man working in the UAE.

My points breakdown:

Current Situtation:
Age 24 – 25 Pts
Sup. English – 20 Pts
Exp < 3 yrs – 0 Pts
Bach Degree – 15 Pts

Total: 60 pts

Situation at the end of 2018:
Age 25 – 30 Pts
Sup. English – 20 Pts
Exp 3-4 yrs – 5 Pts
Bach Degree – 15 Pts

Total: 70 pts

Question 1:

I've been working full time since April 2016, to date I have 2 years of experience from working as a full time employee.

I've also worked for 5 months in total (2 months of summer placement, 3 months of traineeship). These were also full time as I was working in excess of 40 hours a week, getting paid a monthly salary and had certain responsibilities.

Can I claim for these 5 months in the work experience category?

Question 2:

Should I wait until I am 25 years of age and with 3 years of experience to submit my EOI at 70 pts, or submit now at 60 pts? (Turning 25 at the end of October, 3 years of experience including the above 5 months of temporary work experience by November)

P.S I haven’t taken the IELTS yet, however I’m quite confident I can achieve a high score.

Really hoping I can get some feedback from the community, thank you!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello,

I believe I can score 60 points at this current time on the skilled immigration test. If I wait a few more months, the points I can score for age and work experience will increase by 10, giving me a total of 70.

I'm a civil engineer, with a bachelor's degree in civil engineering and a master's degree in construction management from two top universities in the UK. My occupation is on the skilled occupations list.

I'm a Jordanian man working in the UAE.

My points breakdown:

Current Situtation:
Age 24 - 25 Pts
Sup. English - 20 Pts
Exp < 3 yrs - 0 Pts
Bach Degree - 15 Pts

Total: 60 pts

Situation at the end of 2018:
Age 25 - 30 Pts
Sup. English - 20 Pts
Exp 3-4 yrs - 5 Pts
Bach Degree - 15 Pts

Total: 70 pts

Question 1:

I've been working full time since April 2016, to date I have 2 years of experience from working as a full time employee.

I've also worked for 5 months in total (2 months of summer placement, 3 months of traineeship). These were also full time as I was working in excess of 40 hours a week, getting paid a monthly salary and had certain responsibilities.

Can I claim for these 5 months in the work experience category?

Question 2:

Should I wait until I am 25 years of age and with 3 years of experience to submit my EOI at 70 pts, or submit now at 60 pts? (Turning 25 at the end of October, 3 years of experience including the above 5 months of temporary work experience by November)

P.S I haven't taken the IELTS yet, however I'm quite confident I can achieve a high score.

Really hoping I can get some feedback from the community, thank you!
You can apply now or wait till the end of next year (up to you). Both options are fine. You can easily be invited for subclass 189 if you have 60 points.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.