Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Allo,

I have just checked the department website and there is a new priority processing as of 14 July 2010 published today.
Anyone know how long I will now have to wait for if my nominated occupation is in Schedule 3 - priority processing?

Thanks.

·
Registered
7,467 Posts
Allo,

I have just checked the department website and there is a new priority processing as of 14 July 2010 published today.
Anyone know how long I will now have to wait for if my nominated occupation is in Schedule 3 - priority processing?

Thanks.
It is not so much new priority processing but reiteration of what was announced on 08February and a bundling of commentary.
The statement at the end re variations is also reiteration to some extent of what is on Client Service Charter
There will be an ebb and flow of processing times dependent on how many priority 1 & 2 applications are received and the department has no control over that.
Having an occupation on the SOL is a start at least and for the time being until the States get organised with their Plans [ Occupation Lists ] at least there are no Priority 2 applications but in the earlier part of this year there had been a significant build up of applications and at one stage it was estimated there was something like close to three times the annual budgetted number in the pipeline so that can mean a long wait for some.
Some of those could be for occupations not on the SOL nor SMPs and so that could mean a substantial reduction of those in the queue from priority level 3 on.
Your best bet may be on the SMPs being available to see if a particular state you are interested in has your occupation listed and then see about sponsorship to get in at Priority 2 if not prepared to look for Employer Sponsorship.
A Priority 2 may see your application being considered within 12 months whereas having Priority 3 would I suspect see you being lucky to get consideration within 12 months - just my rough guess!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
A Priority 2 may see your application being considered within 12 months whereas having Priority 3 would I suspect see you being lucky to get consideration within 12 months - just my rough guess!
Wanderer,

So basically, priority level two and three are both 12 months?

Thanks.

·
Registered
7,467 Posts
Wanderer,

Thanks.
With
It is not my intent to say both are 12 months.
But it is my intent to have people very aware of variations that will always occur, thus
The statement at the end re variations is also reiteration to some extent of what is on Client Service Charter

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi everyone
I have state sponsoureship WA
I applied my permanent subclass 886 on Jan 2009
I have advance diploma in commercial cookery
my CO is still not appointed
how long I have to wait
some of my friends who were in same sutiation but applied three month before me they got their permanent last year sept.
So wht is the reason I have to wait longer and how long????

·
Registered
7,467 Posts
Hi everyone
how long I have to wait
some of my friends who were in same sutiation but applied three month before me they got their permanent last year sept.
There were a number of changes made throughout 2009, possibly people moving applications forward and the introduction of the CSL for a period and just the timing of your friends applications in being three months earlier would have had a significant impact on they getting a visa grant much earlier.
The priority system as it is now does not really allow Immi to give definite dates and also why they say if you can pursue employer sponsorship, that is not to be ignored.

·
Registered
7,467 Posts
Thnx for reply
could u plz tell me does my application is under priority list?
And what is possibility for a positive outcome for my case.
The priority levels are
1. Applications from people who are employer sponsored under the ENS and the RSMS.
2. Applications from people who are nominated by a state or territory government agency with a nominated occupation that is specified on that state or territory's state migration plan.
3. Applications from people who have nominated an occupation on the new Skilled Occupation List (SOL) - Schedule 3 in effect from 1 July 2010.
See: http://www.immi.gov.au/skilled/general-skilled-migration/pdf/new-list-of-occupations.pdf
4. All other applications are to be processed in the order in which they are received.
If cooks are put on the WA state migration plan you'll have priority 2. but if not it'll be 4.
In Immi announcements there has been comment re the numbers of onshore applications for some occupations in the thousands, cooks included and there is a limit to number of cooks needed I imagine so without being on a SMP it could be that cooks could be an occupation that the Immigration Minister may decide needs to have a closer review of applications.
But that is an Immi decision and what they decide on is anybody's guess.

·
Registered
4 Posts
i need help

hi all
i hv applied on may 2009 175 visa my asco is 411213
and on 14 july 2010 i got WA SS
pl tell i am on which priorty

thnx
sgill

·
Registered
7,467 Posts
hi all

thnx
sgill
If your occupation is not on the new SOL and it does not appear on the WA SMP when it is announced [ and that's likely not if not on the new SOL ] you'll have a priority 4 application or if on the new SOL, it'll be 3 and if on the SMP that'll give it a 2.

·
Registered
1 Posts
175 process

hi all

thnx
sgill
Hi,
Can u pls tell how you applied for WA SS when u already had a 175 visa.
Regards
Thomas

·
Registered
7,467 Posts
Hi,
Regards
Thomas
State sponsorships are separate to an immigration application and you can apply for a state sponsorship [ when applications are open ] either before or after a 175 application is put in .
If sponsorship is granted, the state/territory is supposed to notify Immi but never hurts to follow up to see if your 175 is then a 176.
You'll find the states/territory sponsorship details for each location under their links in 176 eligibility - Visa Options - Professionals and other Skilled Migrants - Workers - Visas & Immigration

G

·
Wanderer,

Thanks.
Allo,

Thanks.
Hi, there is no specific timeline for your visa to be finalised. But it will vary for onshore and offshore applicant and the number of visa DIAC will approve this financial yera (1st July 2010 to 30th June 2011).

Second , when the new SMP will be announced then ... all priority 3 group can expect more delays. Hope that helps.

G

·
Hi everyone
how long I have to wait
hi, you better read the new priority of DIAC.. and also read the FAQ's

and what happen to your friends just forget about that because their application was alomost finalised before the Govt. started the CSL and all these and you unfortuantely caught up on that list coz you applied on Jan 2009 and the Global Financial Crisis hit the whole world at the end of 2008.

G

·
Hi,
Regards
Thomas
Thomas, he said he has applied for 175 right...he hasnt got the visa yet and anyone can apply for state sponsorship if you occupation is on state list and you meet all the requirements. So go to WA website and look for your occupation and see whether WA govt is giving anything ...if so and u meet all the requirements you can apply as well and for you visa application you can apply for 175 and 176 both ....doesnt matter as long as you pay the Visa application fees. But state sponsor (176) is quicker than 175 .

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.