Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,

I am so much in dilemma after I received the invitation from Victorian state in 70 points whether to accept or not. The reason behind is the 5 points claim evidence from regional study.

My story is I came to one of the regional university of NSW, Australia in student visa (in 2015) to pursue my master degree in nursing which was of 2 years course. Me and my husband stayed there for a year and due to some circumstances my husband decided to move to Melbourne and I will be staying in regional and complete my studies. But then I had a 4 months vacation so I too decided to go along with him, help him to settle and work for 4 months and return back. So after my husband shifted to Melbourne, my life was like a bagpackers.. moving from one place to other like I used to have on-campus classes then placements in different places of NSW and visit husband in holidays.

Everything was going smooth.. I completed my master degree, got AHPAR registration, Skilled assess done, had a baby. Then came the time for EOI, in the form they asked me a question "Have you studied in regional for 2 years? My answer was yes I did as I was a full time student. So accordingly I submitted my 189 visa in 65 and 190 in 70 points. After 3 month I got an email from Victorian state stating that I must provide them a commitment statement of staying in Victoria. I provided them why I was so desperate to live and settle in Victoria and to my surprise with no time, I received an invitation.

My problem is now I do not have the 2 years evidence of staying in regional because after my husband left the place we had to live the lease so I decided to staying in someones's place as a paying guest whenever I would come to university. I have done all my process by myself without the agents help so I asked many people regarding the prove of evidence... different people different views. Now my question is am I not eligible for 5 points to claim for studying in regional? I have 1 year proof and the other year I was like bag packers.. so I do not have any proof of staying there.

So any suggestion would be so much appreciated at this time. And yes I too called immigration and discussed the matter but they said it should be fine until you have 1 year proof, university completion letter, graduation certificate and tickets of travelling.

Thank you so Much
Love
Dip

·
Registered
6,232 Posts
And yes I too called immigration and discussed the matter
A mistake! They are likely to tell you the first thing they think of and face no consequences for being wrong.
The less you say from now on without professional advice, the better.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Regional Points claim

Hi, Wrussell can you please suggest me something on the previous matter. It would be a great help as I am totally confused. Thank you

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.