Australia Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi, I've recently received 190 visa invitation and am preparing the documents by myself. However, there are some questions I'd like to figure out. For I only have one chance submitting my documents, I want to make sure everything's right.

I'm applying for state nominated translator in Australia, before I received the invitation, I've already go through NAATI accreditation and state nomination evaluation. During the above phases I've provide 3 years' overseas employment proof includes reference from my clients and employers, bank book, employment letter, self employment declaration, etc.

What I want to know is:

1. Do I have to provide all the evidence all over again since I've already passed NAATI accreditation based on those? (Problem Solved)

2. The translator work is mainly freelance based, would it be a problem on my points test document assessment? (NAATI accepted)

3. Do I have to translate the full bank book since it's in Chinese? It's a bit concern about the privacy. Previously when I hand it to NAATI, they only asked for an English transaction summary, and simply the original copy of my bank book. Don't know if the visa application holds the same standard.

4. I'm applying the visa with my husband included, he's going to take IELTS exam, it might sound silly but I want to make sure if he should take 'General' or 'Academic'? I personally only took academic before, therefore not sure about it.(Problem Solved)

5. The character requirements are the police check from both our home country and Australia, does the date of applying the police check matter? I'm not sure whether I should apply a new one or the previous one would be sufficient.

6. It might be the translation confusion, but I wonder does the 'family book' in Australia equals to 'household book' in my country. As I need to use it instead of birth certificate which we don't have in our country.

7. Do I have to get all the identification documents certified? does it have to be JP or a pharmacists will do? Before NAATI required all documents to be certified by JP, I want to clarify that.

8. I replied the state nomination invitation with balance of 30,000 as required. If I'm living in Australia now, do I have to provide bank statement of this to my application? What would happen if the balance didn't match?

My invitation will be valid until the end of December, hopefully I could send out the application ASAP after figuring out the above issues.

Appreciated for those who spend time read through and kindly answer my questions. I've tried making calls to immigration, but I've been hold for too long told there are 88 people in the queue...

Thank you again!

·
Premium Member
5,241 Posts
I can only help with 2 questions:

4. For a visa, you only need the General IELTS. It's only for some skills assessments that the Academic version is required.

5. Police checks are valid for 12 months, so if DIBP processes your application and your police checks have expired, they will likely ask you to get new ones. If they're still valid, the initial entry date to validate your visa would usually be the expiry date of the police checks (or medical checks, whichever is earlier). So depending how old yours are, you may not have much time to travel to Australia.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I can only help with 2 questions:

4. For a visa, you only need the General IELTS. It's only for some skills assessments that the Academic version is required.

5. Police checks are valid for 12 months, so if DIBP processes your application and your police checks have expired, they will likely ask you to get new ones. If they're still valid, the initial entry date to validate your visa would usually be the expiry date of the police checks (or medical checks, whichever is earlier). So depending how old yours are, you may not have much time to travel to Australia.
Thanks for answering my questions!
1. Last time I spoke with the immigration office, she told me that all documents must be well-prepared and hand in at once. If there's any flaws on the documents, the immigration would simply reject my case. Far as I know they wouldn't ask me to resend :(

2. I'm in Australia for the whole time i'm processing the visa application, assuming that makes my police check valid until the date applying? I've also got the police check from my country before I enter Australia, do I need to get a new one from my country?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.