Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

I am 190 visa holder and finding it difficult to find jobs in Melbourne so i had written to liveinvictoria.vic.gov.au to allow me to find jobs in another state and below is their response. I know there was commitment and i understand it is moral one and not a legal one. However they also mention that they understand migrants need to find work in order to make a living, however they cannot issue any formal letter.

So what do you make of this ? Is it okay to find job in another state than VIC ?

Thanks in advance.

Thank you for your email.

As you will remember, part of their migration application required them to commit to living in Victoria for two years. Their agreement to this commitment was a primary reason why they were granted a visa to Australia and they signed a declaration in this regard.

We expect all applicants to honour this commitment.

However, at the same time we understand that migrants do have to find work in order to make a living.

Note that our office will not issue a formal letter of release.

Migrants nominated by Victoria are still required to complete the surveys regardless of where they live and failure to do so is a breach of their sponsorship conditions.

It would be useful if they could provide us with further information on what they found difficult about finding employment in Victoria and how we could potentially help other migrants.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.