Australia Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On your first arrival since the PMV grant can you go through the Smart Gate or do you line up to speak to an officer?

One way flight is booked. 4 weeks until this 3.5 year LDR ordeal is over :D:D:D

·
Registered
7,023 Posts
I assume you can use the smart gate, but I went thru the counter to confirm the PMV was activated and the entry was not on the Visitor Visa.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I assume you can use the smart gate, but I went thru the counter to confirm the PMV was activated and the entry was not on the Visitor Visa.
He does have a valid multiple entry visa so that could be a good idea.

·
Registered
7,023 Posts
You need to ask them, they did not volunteer that they entered on a PMV. I felt if there was any dramas that would be the place to sort it.

FYI - The flight from Ukraine to Bangkok was no problem (I meet them in Bangkok) but in Bangkok one of the kids was refused a boarding pass to Oz via Singapore. A reason was not given so I said why? they have visas and we have copies.

He then asked for a copy of the girls visa made a few calls then printed her a boarding ticket.

·
Registered
332 Posts
Is your fiancè's visitor visa a ETA or a 600?

When my husband and I went offshore to have his 309 granted, he was on a multi entry 600 visa previously. What I did was check VEVO with his 600 grant number and it said there was an error or the number didn't exist or something so I knew it was overridden by the 309 grant.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Is your fiancè's visitor visa a ETA or a 600?

When my husband and I went offshore to have his 309 granted, he was on a multi entry 600 visa previously. What I did was check VEVO with his 600 grant number and it said there was an error or the number didn't exist or something so I knew it was overridden by the 309 grant.
His was a 651 & I had the same message when I went into VEVO. Could not retrieve info as this is not your current visa. So all should be good to use the Smart gate.

Thanks for your help.

Reactions: hisbooboo

·
Registered
6,879 Posts
On your first arrival since the PMV grant can you go through the Smart Gate or do you line up to speak to an officer?

One way flight is booked. 4 weeks until this 3.5 year LDR ordeal is over :D:D:D
My wife remembers that incoming trip well, we both used the smart gate.
No issues.

Funny thing is, her passport isn't listed as one that is accepted, according to Eligibility to use arrivals SmartGate

When we arrived at passport control we asked the officer standing near the entrance if we had to split up to go through passport checks, me on Australian and her on Philippine Passport.
She told us both to go through the one self service checkpoint.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.