Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there everyone,

I'm new to this forum and i've one question that i'm sure the guys who knows a lot about migration to Australia will respond quickly !

Ok so basically long story short :

I made a 1 year Working Holiday Visa in New Zealand when i was about 19 years old and after that i came back but this time in Australia and i went in Australia with a Working Holiday Visa as well. So my question is more about Australia obviously : I did applied at this time for a WHV in Australia but i only stayed on-land 3 or 4 months.
I just would like to know if in Australia in particular (and maybe New Zealand too) is possible after used 1 Working Holiday VISA, is it possible to apply for another one without had done the 3 or 6 months of work i dont remember in-land to be able to get a second one and later on be a resident?
What are the conditions to this, is it possible to return in Australia with another nationality and get another WHV as "another entity" or anything like that? I just want to go back to Australia and live there now for a long period of time not just 1 year travel and work.
I'm 26 years old now and it's been 5 years since i've been there and i KNOW for sure, i want to go back in Australia for a living not just working holiday anymore. Is there a possibility to apply for any kind of VISAS that will allow me to return with having done already 1 Working Holiday Visa but not done the proof of enough work to apply for a second one at the time?

I hope this is not too confusing for you, if you're reading this. I'm just getting stucked with my own informations on this and i'm already planning to coming back to Australia so there is why my hurry on coming and asking here.

Please help if you know the subject.
Thanks a lot guys, lotta love from Belgium.

Yannick.

·
Super Moderator
5,266 Posts
If you haven't done the regional work, then you aren't eligible for a second WHV. In any visa application, you have to declare any other citizenships, any other Australian visas you've held, etc. so even if you used a different nationality passport to apply, they'd be able to identify you from the information you are required to give.

·
Registered
5 Posts
In any visa application, you have to declare any other citizenships, any other Australian visas you've held, etc. so even if you used a different nationality passport to apply, they'd be able to identify you from the information you are required to give.
So basically i'm stuck anyway? if i didn't do the "regional work" i can't apply for any other VISA ? Even Study VISA / Working VISA / Sponsor VISA?
The thing is a lot of time has been spent since i went there, i was really young at the time and didn't know what to expect of this trip to be like or anything like that, but since all that i now know that i want to live there, at least for a long period of time if not entirely.

There is absolutely no way of getting back there with a second WHV? If i already applied for one and not shown enough 'regional work' even showing proof of my commitment in wanting to be in Australia?

·
Premium Member
6,612 Posts
There is no way of getting a second WHV in your circumstances. Forget it.

There is nothing stopping you from applying for a student, tourist or any other visa you may qualify for.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah ok i see, so it's just about a second Working Holiday Visa that is not possible.
But if i want to apply for a student one, it'll possible right? I've a project of changing professionnal orientation from being a cook to work with landscape designers, i'm not sure what is the exact term to qualify this job but it's in projects.

So if i will be able let's say to go with this. I should be able to apply for a student visa ?

The only thing is that i don't really want to do this right now. My goals were to go back to Australia, work there for a certain period of time, be established somewhere, contribute to the local economy but not as a student but as a worker, and Working Holiday VISA was perfect for that. Maybe you can tell me more details about all the VISAS out there that are "apply-able".

Working Holiday VISA / Study VISA / Work-Sponsor VISA / Tourist VISA?
That's all?

Cheers.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Also my initial project was to go back to Australia to work as a cook.
I see that Australia will accept to give VISAS to some "wanted job positions"
Could you tell more about that please? :) thanks.

·
Premium Member
6,612 Posts
Also my initial project was to go back to Australia to work as a cook.
I see that Australia will accept to give VISAS to some "wanted job positions"
Could you tell more about that please? :) thanks.
Start by doing some reading up and familiarising yourself with the various visa streams. Without formal qualifications , there won't be any options for a work visa. Student visas come with (limited) work rights.

https://www.coralcoastmigrationservice.com.au/visas

https://www.homeaffairs.gov.au/trav/visa-1

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Oh yeah thanks for those links that will be helpful,
I think i might be using the new Subclass 457 VISA which will be TSS but it shows that it will be available around this month of Marth so not sure what to apply for right now.

Cheers :)

·
Registered
111 Posts
Don't think people can transition to Permanent Residency from a TSS visa - applicants have to be genuine temporary entrants (GTE) and applicants have to have been working in the nominated occupation (or related) for a minimum of two years. If people come in on a student visa, they have to be a genuine student. You can look it all up up on the Home Affairs website.

·
Premium Member
6,612 Posts
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.