Australia Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello i have 2 questions that i need to ask the first one is, a friend of mine has asked me would the immigration board allow her to have a temporary visa subclass 309 and a permanent visa 100 when she has had petty crimes like stealing but no prison sentence this was 15 years ago........................................My question is, i will be applying myself a temporary visa subclass 309 and a permanent visa 100 when i return to the UK next February. When i have completed the application form will i be allowed to travel to Australia on a Tourist Visa and be with my defacto partner and be there and wait until its been processed.

·
Premium Member
895 Posts
Hi,

First off, if your friend wasn't convicted of the crimes she committed and never served ay sentences that were longer than 12 months, those things should not affected a spouse visa application. How old was she at the time? If she was under 18, or the legal age wherever she was born, then she should be OK I think. But, you should read the relevant info. on the DIAC site for yourself:

http://www.immi.gov.au/media/fact-sheets/79character.htm

Second, if you lodge a spouse visa offshore, the applicant has to be out of Australia when it's granted. So, the applicant can lodge offshore and visit on a tourist visa, but they have to be somewhere out of the country to get it. New Zealand is a popular place for this, or a quick trip to SE Asia for a short time will allow the applicant to get the visa.

You need to look in more detail at the DIAC website and get a clearer understanding of the different visas and how to apply:

Partner Visa Options - Family Members - Migrants - Visas & Immigration

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.