Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi to you all
My vietnamese wife's 820 partner visa will expire on June 20 2018.

On Visa Grant Notice in "Stay Period", it say, Until notified that subclass 801 has been decided or the application is withdrawn.
Also, the application say "You do not need to make a further application for the permanent visa, Generally, applicants become eligible two years after the date of the lodgement of the combined application. Shortly before that date, the department will write to you & invite to provide further information.

Question
Can we wait and do nothing until the department will contact us or do we have to notify the department before her visa 820 expire?

My friend also have a vietnamese wife and he advised that I will have to contact the department now otherwise my wife will have to go back once her visa expired.

That's confusing for me and I need to know before it's too late.
Thank you in advance.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you for replying Skybluebrewer and this certainly making very confusion for my and my wife.
Why did her Visa Grant Notice say that we do not need to make a further application for the permanent visa and they write and invite us to provide further information?
Thank again for the link you gave me. This sure is making me angry with their false information......

·
Premium Member
6,603 Posts
I think the Department has done a very poor job advising people that they no longer send out a reminder that the paperwork for the permanent visa needs to be provided 2 years after the initial application.

If your visa grant letter said that you would be notified, how would you know this is no longer the case, unless you checked the DHA website regularly for updates?

I wonder how many people will end up getting their permanent visas refused because of this.

Just a note to the OP: the sc. 820 visa does not expire after 2 years. You can find all the information you require for the permanent visa in the link provided by the previous poster.

·
Premium Member
6,603 Posts
Reactions: HRose313

·
Premium Member
6,603 Posts
I'm using ImmiAccount to see what they want but I cannot see Stage 2 on her application summary

Do I need to click on "New Application"?
Yes, it's a new application. There is one in the list for the permanent stage under partner visas.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Again thank you for answering my question.
Upon checking her ImmiAccount, there is no list for permanent.
Under the "New Application" are
  • 482 - Temporary Skill Shortage
  • Air & Sea Crew
  • APEC
  • Citizenship
  • Family
  • Health
  • Refugee & Humanitarian
  • Resident Return
  • Skilled Migration
  • Student
  • Temporary Work
  • Visitor
  • Work & Holiday

I think I better contact department through email and see what need to be done.

·
Premium Member
6,603 Posts
I suggest you follow Sky’s suggestion, click the link and read up on the whole thing before attempting to lodge it. Paper applications are still possible as well. You need to collect all the required evidence including statutory declarations and forms 888 first, so don’t rush it. Don’t lodge the application without the required evidence.

There is no point emailing the Department. They won’t guide you through the process. If you are unable to do it yourself, get a Registeted Migration Agent to do it for you.

Whatever you do, don’t take this lightly.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Yes thank you both CCMS and Skybluebrewer very much for your time. It say she cannot apply for permanent visa yet because it is not a full 24 months since she lodged in for 820 application which is next week......very close

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
After I have submitted 801 application for my wife, there is no information what documents they wanted me to upload :rolleyes:

Before, when submitted 820 application, Immi Account have provided us what we need to give them like photos, bills, documents declared by JP.

But this time with 801, it just say "upload documents".......

Or did I miss somewhere there asking us what to upload?
Thanks in advance.

·
Premium Member
6,603 Posts
After I have submitted 801 application for my wife, there is no information what documents they wanted me to upload :rolleyes:

Before, when submitted 820 application, Immi Account have provided us what we need to give them like photos, bills, documents declared by JP.

But this time with 801, it just say "upload documents".......

Or did I miss somewhere there asking us what to upload?
Thanks in advance.
It is great to see that the Department has done such a terrific job of 'simplifying" things and also appear to be encouraging people not to use migration agents..

The information you are after is all on the DOHA web-site. if you can't figure it out, maybe get someone to do it for you.

I am unable to provide you with a step by step guide on a forum like this, as no 2 cases are the same.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
What's the hell is DOHA sound for. Sure I don't know every abbreviation around the world but thanks for your time anyway.
I've sorted it out.
The same night I submitted the application, the "Application" was not there even after log out and logged back in again.
Today it's there......

·
Premium Member
6,603 Posts
What's the hell is DOHA sound for. Sure I don't know every abbreviation around the world but thanks for your time anyway.
I've sorted it out.
The same night I submitted the application, the "Application" was not there even after log out and logged back in again.
Today it's there......
It is a silly abbreviation, because when you Google it, you end up in the Middle East.

Anyway, it stands for Department of Home Affairs, which has absorbed the former Department of Immigration and Border Protection (DIBP).

Before that it was DI, DLI, DIEA, DILGEA, DIMEA, DIMA, and DIAC.

Reactions: Skybluebrewer
1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.