Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,

I created this topic for anyone who has applied for an 820 Partner visa online this year (2014) and just would love to know how it's going regardless of weather it's low or high risk - just figured it was easier to start a new topic to address the most recent applications :)

I'm from Canada and I lodged my application online on February 21st, 2014 I received an acknowledgement email with a BVA upon the submission but have yet to hear anything back, so at this point it's been almost 3 months. I have uploaded all our "evidence" and my character checks when we applied but have yet to submit a health examination.

The status of my application reads as "in progress" is anyone familiar with what exactly that means? How do you know if anyone has had a look at your application? Any advice or shared experience that anyone has had from the last 6 months would be really appreciated :D

·
Registered
42 Posts
my husband and i applied for 309 offshore partner visa on dec 30 2013. so that puts us at 4 and a bit months and we just got an email that our application is being considered now. the way to tell if its being looked at is the update date when u log in and it tells u the visa details. thats the only way i knew my husband had got the email. oh and we are in Chicago

·
Registered
798 Posts
Welcome...

Hi Akreative - Welcome to the forum. Here is another thread you may be interested in - http://www.australiaforum.com/visas-immigration/38930-820-temporary-onshore-waiting-room.html
It is similar to the one you started, but covers those who applied on paper a well as those who applied online this year as you did. Cheers and good luck... :)

Hi guys,

I created this topic for anyone who has applied for an 820 Partner visa online this year (2014) and just would love to know how it's going regardless of weather it's low or high risk - just figured it was easier to start a new topic to address the most recent applications :)

I'm from Canada and I lodged my application online on February 21st, 2014 I received an acknowledgement email with a BVA upon the submission but have yet to hear anything back, so at this point it's been almost 3 months. I have uploaded all our "evidence" and my character checks when we applied but have yet to submit a health examination.

The status of my application reads as "in progress" is anyone familiar with what exactly that means? How do you know if anyone has had a look at your application? Any advice or shared experience that anyone has had from the last 6 months would be really appreciated :D

·
Registered
23 Posts
I'm from the UK and have been with my Aussie partner for just over 3 years. I submitted my 309 visa on the 15th April and received an acknowledgement email, currently my visa is "in progress". I'm just wait wait waiting....

·
Super Moderator
2,135 Posts
I'm from the UK and have been with my Aussie partner for just over 3 years. I submitted my 309 visa on the 15th April and received an acknowledgement email, currently my visa is "in progress". I'm just wait wait waiting....
Hi
I think you may be waiting a while, other posters here talk about a 9 to 12 months wait for a visa.
Can you come over on a working holiday visa so the 2 of you can be together? All you need to do is leave the country when it is time for the visa to be granted.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hi Akreative - Welcome to the forum. Here is another thread you may be interested in -
It is similar to the one you started, but covers those who applied on paper a well as those who applied online this year as you did. Cheers and good luck... :)
Thank you! :) I had a look at the forum topic but because there are soooo many posts and everyone is talking bout the different methods of applications I wanted to streamline a subject just into 820 online applications.

Since the online application method is so new I figured this way I, and anyone else who is interested would be able to better understand the timeline of lodging an application online.

Thanks to everyone who has responded :)

·
Registered
228 Posts
I am from a low-risk country too and submitted my online 820 application about a month after you. My application includes medicals and police checks.
Mine says that too, it had this status straight away after submitting the application.

·
Premium Member
9,033 Posts
We applied online for the 820/801 visa on the 24th April 2014, coming though from PMV300 and was Granted Today 22nd May, almost 4 weeks. :)
Big congrats! Any chance you applied in the Sydney area? I applied about 4 days after you from a PMV as well... hoping mine's just around the corner. :)

Reactions: izafiris and Dinkum

·
Registered
82 Posts
Does anyone know what the next step would be after the 820 Temp visa has been Granted. Do we need to keep uploading Evidence?

Regards
Ivan
Congrats on your short one month visa grant!

Next, is to wait another 23 more months before becoming eligible for 801 PR. At the 22nd month, you will be told to submit more documents and upload. Meanwhile start collecting evidence.

All the best.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Big congrats! Any chance you applied in the Sydney area? I applied about 4 days after you from a PMV as well... hoping mine's just around the corner. :)
Thank you.. :) Yes we applied Online for the 820/801, and looking at the Grant Letter it was from the Sydney Office.
I hope yours gets granted soon as well..:)

·
Registered
13 Posts
Congrats on your short one month visa grant!

Next, is to wait another 23 more months before becoming eligible for 801 PR. At the 22nd month, you will be told to submit more documents and upload. Meanwhile start collecting evidence.

All the best.
Thank you.. Great thanks for the information :D, its good we kept everything when we applied for the PMV, made it easier applying for the 820. :)

·
Registered
23 Posts
I've noticed that too Aussiesteve. My boyfriend starts his new job in Melbourne in January, if nothing has happened by then it looks like that will be the only option. Who says miracles can't happen :) x

·
Registered
23 Posts
Hi
I think you may be waiting a while, other posters here talk about a 9 to 12 months wait for a visa.
Can you come over on a working holiday visa so the 2 of you can be together? All you need to do is leave the country when it is time for the visa to be granted.
Just just just been assigned a CO, at least there's movement. :D

·
Registered
44 Posts
Hey!

I sent my 820 application online in mid April and so far I haven't heard anything back. At first I kept thinking when are they going to contact me, now i'm worried it will get refused. This whole visa process is stressful and plays with your emotions!
Good luck to everyone, hope you all get the grants sooner rather than later :)

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Hey!

I sent my 820 application online in mid April and so far I haven't heard anything back. At first I kept thinking when are they going to contact me, now i'm worried it will get refused. This whole visa process is stressful and plays with your emotions!
Good luck to everyone, hope you all get the grants sooner rather than later :)
I was recently notified that I'm next in line to have a CO assigned to my case :) This was about 3 weeks ago, so not sure how long it will be from that point but it's comforting to know that my application is slowly moving along lol

·
Registered
9 Posts
I was recently notified that I'm next in line to have a CO assigned to my case :) This was about 3 weeks ago, so not sure how long it will be from that point but it's comforting to know that my application is slowly moving along lol
akreative that's great news!

How did you find out? I applied online in January and have heard nothing except an automated email from WA.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.