Australia Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I am just trying to clarify all of the conflicting information that is on the department of immigrations website. On the main website it say documents submitted online documents do NOT need certification. However in the booklet about partner migration it says all documents must be certified. has this booklet just not been update yet? So I just want to confirm do important documents such as passports need to be certified? I tried calling but I was 87th in line on the phone.

Are there any documents that do need certification, for example scanned copies of bills?

·
Registered
4,534 Posts
The partner migration booklet is
out-of-date. Just follow the DIBP website.

Nothing needs to be certified unless the documebt says so (for example, F888s must have the signatures certified).

Just upload color scans of everything.

To help people understand WHY the old checklist says things need to be certified: you used to apply by paper. When you did, DIBP kept all of your documents. Therefore, you wouldn't send in originals of anything, only certified copies of everything and original police checks. Now you can only apply online, and since you aren't sending anything in, they don't need copies of anything. Just upload original documents in color.

·
Registered
4,534 Posts
As further proof, I've had two visas granted with no issues and did not upload certified copies of anything. Like I said, only documents that say so on the form, like the F888, need to be witnessed, and even then it is a witness that the signor is the person who is claiming the form and not a certified copy of the form. Signature is witnessed, original form is scanned and uploaded.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Thanks very much for the advice! I thought that was the case, but just wanted to make sure before it was too late. This might be a stupid question, but would this also be true for the relationship history document that is submitted? Does it need to be completed on a statutory dec and certified, or is it just entered into a textbox or something similar when submitting online (and therefore no certification required)? Thanks again, really appreciate the advice

·
Registered
4,534 Posts
You can use the narrative boxes in the application and that counts as your statement (that's what we did). Some people choose to write "see statement" in those boxes and type a separate statement and upload it, but that doesn't need to be signed or certified either. Just make sure you label it as "applicant's statement" and "sponsor's statement" so they know whose is whose if you choose that route.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi,

I think I understand; and perhaps my question has already been answered, but just wanted to make sure. So the only documents that need to be certified are the Form 888's?

So police checks don't need to be certified? The only reason for this question is I happened to read that it states on the police check letter; the security measures the document has in place which provide proof of its authenticity; which I gather most won't show up in a digitised copy of the original document.

Thanks.

·
Registered
4,534 Posts
Just upload the original document.

And form 888s only need the signatures certified to prove the form was signed by the person who wrote it. You then upload the original form with the signature certified, not a certified copy of the completed form.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.