Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello friends,

Until recently I was sponsored on an 820 partnership visa awaiting the 2 year requirement to receive PR. My relationship broke down and I informed department of immigration with a view to work sponsoring me to stay. However, the work visa is no longer a pathway to PR and I have since started dating a new partner, and am considering applying immediately for another partnership visa (we will get married). The relationship is genuine and we do wish to get married, but I am worried that because it is in a 3 month time frame, the department will think it is fake. Has anyone ever applied for 2 partnership visas, and more so back to back?

Thanks for your advice.

·
Registered
6,930 Posts
I think you will find it very hard if not impossible to have the required evidence in 3 months.

Not to mention you will have your application get a good look over with such a short time between notifying IMMI and a new Partner Visa application.

When did you inform IMMI?

·
Premium Member
10,520 Posts
I think you will find it difficult to have the required evidence for a 3 month period.

Do you live together?

Immigration already ask for alot of evidence considering you are applying again and in such a short time frame the evidence you need to supply will be alot more than if it was your first application.

·
Premium Member
6,603 Posts
Hello friends,

Until recently I was sponsored on an 820 partnership visa awaiting the 2 year requirement to receive PR. My relationship broke down and I informed department of immigration with a view to work sponsoring me to stay. However, the work visa is no longer a pathway to PR and I have since started dating a new partner, and am considering applying immediately for another partnership visa (we will get married). The relationship is genuine and we do wish to get married, but I am worried that because it is in a 3 month time frame, the department will think it is fake. Has anyone ever applied for 2 partnership visas, and more so back to back?

Thanks for your advice.
I have done so successfully in the past, but it is pretty tricky when it comes to the timing and overall duration of the new relationship. There will be further complications if your current visa is refused ( rather than withdrawn), before the new one is lodged. A 3 month relationship is definitely on the short side, so you'd need some pretty convincing evidence and even that might not be enough.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you for your advice. I informed DIBP at the end of November that my relationship had ended, and my visa will not be refused, I withdrew it (it was slightly longer than 28 days by the time they replied etc). I have just moved cities to move in together, we spent the holiday period together overseas, and we lodged an intention to marry, which we will do before the 28 day period in which I must lodge another visa application. I understand that the application will be viewed with scrutiny, but if we do everything we can - share a bank account, get married, live together, go on holidays together, have phone and email evidence etc, do you think the visa will be ok? My other option is to go through work as a sponsor now and get married in a few months and apply for the partnership visa a bit later (the only way to PR), but then it will cost me $5k more, and it's money I don't have (but of course if it's the only option I have no choice).

Thank you very much!

·
Registered
6,930 Posts
Other than as you are aware end of Nov till now is less than 3 months.

All other stuff I can comment about - will be above me even hearing of a few things.

CCMS is a bloody good RMA and has as said some success in this area. You really do need the services of a good RMA if you want a reasonable chance of success.

I certainly would not attempt a DYI in your case.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Apologies, I should've said at the time of application it'll be 3 months (I am still waiting for DIBP to confirm receipt of withdrawal and email me the 35 day notice). And maybe I should've also provided context that we have known each other for nearly 2 years as we work together. It might also be worth noting that my previous partner and I were together for 5 years and the relationship was no longer romantic hence we decided to break up and withdraw the application. I included a letter from her in my withdrawal detailing how we are still good friends etc.

Thanks

·
Premium Member
6,603 Posts
Once the current application is withdrawn, you will be back on a Bridging visa , which means that you will have to meet additional schedule 3 criteria. Unless you lodge a valid application before your current application is withdrawn, the new application may well be doomed.

Reactions: Mish and wrussell
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.