Australia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 2721 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

i just wanted to know if there are any other people who have had experience with the 2nd stage partner process?

i have currently temporary residency visa and has recently filled out and sent the forms in for the 2nd stage process with all the stipulated requirements.

the processing time is said to be 6-8months, i was wondering if anybody got their application processed sooner or have encountered any problems with this as i am feeling nervous in this regard?

Thanks

·
Registered
21 Posts
Sorry I can't help you with your question azeeza because we are a few months behind you in the second stage process (expecting the paperwork to arrive in May), but I'd be interested in your timeline.

I have heard the same as you....6-8 months, because second stage spouse visas are a lower priority.

What documents did they request you to send in for your second stage?

Did you get the police check done early or wait until your packet arrived?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Mallory

hmmm i got the letter and forms for the 2nd stage visa application about 3 weeks prior to the end of my 2nd year. the informtion required was fairly simple they needed:

1. police check
(you can get this form from the AFP website) fill it out and send with it a cheque of $48 and you will recieve the police clearacnce certificate within 10 working days. you can do this in advance if you wish. isugeest you do one for you and one for your partner as sometimes thet request for your partner as well.

2.copies of documents that may have changed since eg. marriage certificate, passport etc.

3. statutory declarartions by you and your partner proving your relationship is genuine, (DIAC will send you these forms)

4. form 80 character assesment form (DIAC will send you this form )

5. if you have had any kids since then you will need to add their details and copies of their birth certificate

6. 2 statutory declarartions from friends and family to prove your relationoship is genuine

7. all proof that you and your partner live together in the same house eg. lease agreements with both your names on it or joint bank accounts.

8. All documents have to be signed and certified infront of a justice of peace

you send in all these documents and you wait for a case worker to call you. i have sent in my forms and is currently waiting for the case worker to contact me, that is why i am intrested in other peoples experience so i may know what to expect.

hope the info above helps you mallory:)

·
Registered
7,467 Posts
I was waiting for someone who may have been through the process to comment azeeza and at first I thought you may have put in 6-8 months instead of weeks for 6-8 months does sound far too long for what is really just a tick off that a couple are still in a relationship.

Immi will have their reasons for the time being longer, more thorough checks to weed out marriages of convenience situations being one and then of course a lot of Immi people will be assigned to other investigative issues re Asylum seekers and because of rorting that has gone on in recent times with overseas students seeking PR.

But just because it takes so long, if you have a sound relationship there is no reason to be nervous as with right boxes ticked, it'll be a mere formality even if taking whatever time.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I was waiting for someone who may have been through the process to comment azeeza and at first I thought you may have put in 6-8 months instead of weeks for 6-8 months does sound far too long for what is really just a tick off that a couple are still in a relationship.

Immi will have their reasons for the time being longer, more thorough checks to weed out marriages of convenience situations being one and then of course a lot of Immi people will be assigned to other investigative issues re Asylum seekers and because of rorting that has gone on in recent times with overseas students seeking PR.

But just because it takes so long, if you have a sound relationship there is no reason to be nervous as with right boxes ticked, it'll be a mere formality even if taking whatever time.
yes i agree with the current state of refugees and asylum seeker the DIAC have become more stringent in their checks etc, however my main reason for being anxious about getting the visa is so that i can finish my uni degree and get a job its very hard trying to get a job on a TR visa and the uni fees are sky high if you not PR. i just hope i gets processed in time so i may start the second semester in july.

FINGERS CROSSED:D

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi Mallory

hmmm i got the letter and forms for the 2nd stage visa application about 3 weeks prior to the end of my 2nd year. the informtion required was fairly simple they needed:

1. police check
(you can get this form from the AFP website) fill it out and send with it a cheque of $48 and you will recieve the police clearacnce certificate within 10 working days. you can do this in advance if you wish. isugeest you do one for you and one for your partner as sometimes thet request for your partner as well.

2.copies of documents that may have changed since eg. marriage certificate, passport etc.

3. statutory declarartions by you and your partner proving your relationship is genuine, (DIAC will send you these forms)

4. form 80 character assesment form (DIAC will send you this form )

5. if you have had any kids since then you will need to add their details and copies of their birth certificate

6. 2 statutory declarartions from friends and family to prove your relationoship is genuine

7. all proof that you and your partner live together in the same house eg. lease agreements with both your names on it or joint bank accounts.

8. All documents have to be signed and certified infront of a justice of peace

you send in all these documents and you wait for a case worker to call you. i have sent in my forms and is currently waiting for the case worker to contact me, that is why i am intrested in other peoples experience so i may know what to expect.

hope the info above helps you mallory:)
Hi, i just read your imformation about applying for 2nd stage partner.It's very helpful for me because i am doing it now.You know I am worry about status declaration from friends or family.Can I ask my cousin and brother in-law to prove for my relationship, I heard my friend said that we should not reffer family member to prove it, it is better than friends but the fact is i do not have any close ffriend that know well about our relationship.Can you give me some advises? Did you use form 888 to make declaration from your friends and family? What about the witness who sign for your own declaration as a third party ? Does it have to be the same witness who sign on your friend declaration? Thank you for your help.
I looking forward to hearing from you!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hi, i just read your imformation about applying for 2nd stage partner.It's very helpful for me because i am doing it now.You know I am worry about status declaration from friends or family.Can I ask my cousin and brother in-law to prove for my relationship, I heard my friend said that we should not reffer family member to prove it, it is better than friends but the fact is i do not have any close ffriend that know well about our relationship.Can you give me some advises? Did you use form 888 to make declaration from your friends and family? What about the witness who sign for your own declaration as a third party ? Does it have to be the same witness who sign on your friend declaration? Thank you for your help.
I looking forward to hearing from you!
Hi lisa.

the statutory declaration that i submitted where from my mother in law and my husbands boss. i dont think there will be any issue if you get your cousin and brother in law to do the declarations. i had to also fill out the character check form, as well as get the police certificate. i had put one friend as a reference on my behalf but they didnt even contact her to verify any information.

the witness who signed my forms was a justice of peace who basically was the witness in all my forms so that was the easy part.

my second stage visa forms were filled out and sent with the police check on the 23 March 2010 and i received my permanent visa of the 30 April, i made sure all the forms and requirements were filled out 100% as requested so that helped in my visa being processed and granted within 37 days of it being lodged.

hope this helps. goodluck on your application

Azeeza:)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi lisa.

the statutory declaration that i submitted where from my mother in law and my husbands boss. i dont think there will be any issue if you get your cousin and brother in law to do the declarations. i had to also fill out the character check form, as well as get the police certificate. i had put one friend as a reference on my behalf but they didnt even contact her to verify any information.

the witness who signed my forms was a justice of peace who basically was the witness in all my forms so that was the easy part.

my second stage visa forms were filled out and sent with the police check on the 23 March 2010 and i received my permanent visa of the 30 April, i made sure all the forms and requirements were filled out 100% as requested so that helped in my visa being processed and granted within 37 days of it being lodged.

hope this helps. goodluck on your application

Azeeza:)
Hi Azeeza,
Thank you for your replying.Now I am asking my brother in law and cousin to make a declaration for me.You know it is a lot of pressure on me since I received the form from 2nd stage partner processing department becauze I did not know what to do with it, I just asking my friend around but every one told me differnent ways and I got confusing.I feel better now when I get your experience.Can you tell me one more thing that did you submit them any addictional evidence together with your all forms?What evidences did you use? Thanks alot:).

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hi Azeeza,
Thank you for your replying.Now I am asking my brother in law and cousin to make a declaration for me.You know it is a lot of pressure on me since I received the form from 2nd stage partner processing department becauze I did not know what to do with it, I just asking my friend around but every one told me differnent ways and I got confusing.I feel better now when I get your experience.Can you tell me one more thing that did you submit them any addictional evidence together with your all forms?What evidences did you use? Thanks alot:).
i just had to send them our rental lease that has both my husband and my names on it to prove that we live together, the rest of the documents were just watever they had requested.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Many thanks for your reply and greatly appreciated. Actually I am the Australian citizen and the applicant was my wife, sorry for my unclear message. She lodged the second stage application in last 3 weeks ago and someone told me that she need to do for medical checkup. She had done in first TR stage, liked last 2 years ago. So, you mean, she does not need to do medical check up for this second stage process.
thanks again.

If your wife was already an Australian citizen or PR which she would need to be to have sponsored you, she does not need to do a medical.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hi Wanderer,
Sorry to bother you again, regarding about your reply, my wife does not need to take medical checkup again for second stage processing.
Greatly appreciated for your help.
cheers,
Tin

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi Wanderer,
Sorry to bother you again, regarding about your reply, my wife does not need to take medical checkup again for second stage processing.
Greatly appreciated for your help.
cheers,
Tin
Hi Tinkko,

Just wondering, have you or your wife sent back the papers for the 2nd stage processing? My wife received her on 10/12/2010 while we were holidaying oversea. We returned it on 1/2/2011. The 2 year anniversary was last week (18/02/2011). If you have, have heard anything from the Department yet?

Many thanks?

·
Registered
7,467 Posts
I think quentint, if tinkko isn't back, his last response is indicative that his wife did not need to do a medical for the second stage.
That would not be unusual for someone if they have been in Australia the whole period but it could depend on the extent of any travel as in your case if the CO becomes aware of it.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I think quentint, if tinkko isn't back, his last response is indicative that his wife did not need to do a medical for the second stage.
That would not be unusual for someone if they have been in Australia the whole period but it could depend on the extent of any travel as in your case if the CO becomes aware of it.
Hi Wanderer,

Thanks for replying. The situation is this. My wife applied for the spouse visa with me as the sponsor on 18/2/2009. Around 2/12/2010 we left to go oversea for a bit over 3 weeks for holiday. During that time the department send us the documents (dated 10/12/2010)for the 2nd stage processing and give us 60 days to return the requested documents. We got all the documents and return to them on 31/01/2011 and we received the acknowlegement card back on the 11/02/2011. Although the acknowledgement card advised that they will try to do in 90 days. I'm just wondering does anyone know what the current time line is? The document was sent to the Melbourne Processing Centre.

Also, back in 2010, the department required my wife to do a Police Check in her birth country, does the department required another Police Check from her birth country again considering we just spent 3 weeks holidaying there?

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Hi Wanderer,

Thanks for replying. The situation is this. My wife applied for the spouse visa with me as the sponsor on 18/2/2009. Around 2/12/2010 we left to go oversea for a bit over 3 weeks for holiday. During that time the department send us the documents (dated 10/12/2010)for the 2nd stage processing and give us 60 days to return the requested documents. We got all the documents and return to them on 31/01/2011 and we received the acknowlegement card back on the 11/02/2011. Although the acknowledgement card advised that they will try to do in 90 days. I'm just wondering does anyone know what the current time line is? The document was sent to the Melbourne Processing Centre.

Also, back in 2010, the department required my wife to do a Police Check in her birth country, does the department required another Police Check from her birth country again considering we just spent 3 weeks holidaying there?

Thanks in advance.
Hi,
I received my spouse PR 801 on the 30th of December, through the Melbourne office, you find my timeline here:
http://www.australiaforum.com/visas...-time-line-family-spouse-applications-32.html

If you sent in everything they requested, I don't think you need to worry :) processing times vary, our case was pretty straightforward and it took them a month after receiving our package. :)

·
Registered
8 Posts
My wife got granted for PR in 7 March 2011, it took less then 3 months since the day we lodged the second stage application and no interview at all.
Cheers
Hi Tinkko,

Just wondering, have you or your wife sent back the papers for the 2nd stage processing? My wife received her on 10/12/2010 while we were holidaying oversea. We returned it on 1/2/2011. The 2 year anniversary was last week (18/02/2011). If you have, have heard anything from the Department yet?

Many thanks?

·
Registered
11 Posts
And what documents exactly Immigration ask for?
Do they ask for photographs? Correspondence between the couple?

Some people say not many documents, others say it is similar to the first stage of the visa, but I would like to know something a bit more specific.

Thanks.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi Marisch and Tinkko,

Thanks for your information.

My wife just got her PR (BS 801) grant paper today, it was dated 23/03/2011. Her 2 years time line was up on 18/02/2011, so her Visa was granted just 2 days shy of 5 weeks from that date.

Quentin

1 - 20 of 2721 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.