Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello!

I had a question that is confusing me and causing me a lottttaaa stress.

My husband is currently on a partner visa that we lodged overseas; we were eligble to apply for the 2nd stage 801 last year in September (which we did, and are stillll waiting). His visa on VEVO states that it is active until 2019. Now, here is where the confusion lies... we are going overseas in January for a month to visit the fam, is he on a bridging visa or is his initial visa still valid and he is NOT on a bridging visa? We never received anything telling us that he is on a bridging visa or not. When I looked at Immi it wasn't that clear, what I assumed was that IF for example the expiry date of his current visa (1st stage partner visa) is 2019 and Immi has not yet processed his 2nd stage by the expiry date, he will go on a bridging visa by then? Is that correct? Please tell me we can look forward to our holiday :D

Thanks!

Concerned Donkey Lover

**further info: his Vevo visa status sais: 'In Effect', it sais he has unlimited work and study rights and down the bottom in the 'Visa Details' section in the 'Period of stay' part it has 'Indefinite'. The 2019 expiry IS NOT CORRECT - I mistakenly read the travel document expiry and realised that's his passport (duh).

·
Premium Member
9,033 Posts
Hello!

I had a question that is confusing me and causing me a lottttaaa stress.

My husband is currently on a partner visa that we lodged overseas; we were eligble to apply for the 2nd stage 801 last year in September (which we did, and are stillll waiting). His visa on VEVO states that it is active until 2019. Now, here is where the confusion lies... we are going overseas in January for a month to visit the fam, is he on a bridging visa or is his initial visa still valid and he is NOT on a bridging visa? We never received anything telling us that he is on a bridging visa or not. When I looked at Immi it wasn't that clear, what I assumed was that IF for example the expiry date of his current visa (1st stage partner visa) is 2019 and Immi has not yet processed his 2nd stage by the expiry date, he will go on a bridging visa by then? Is that correct? Please tell me we can look forward to our holiday :D

Thanks!

Concerned Donkey Lover

**further info: his Vevo visa status sais: 'In Effect', it sais he has unlimited work and study rights and down the bottom in the 'Visa Details' section in the 'Period of stay' part it has 'Indefinite'. The 2019 expiry IS NOT CORRECT - I mistakenly read the travel document expiry and realised that's his passport (duh).
There are indefinite stays for partner visas at the moment. They don't expire. So no, there won't be a bridging visa involved. Though I seem to remember possibly reading on this forum that there was discussion about this changing, and them adding expiry dates to partner visas so that people must apply for the 801 or 100 by a certain date. I don't *think* that's happening yet though? Someone correct me if I'm wrong! I've got a newborn so I'm not around that much these days.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.